Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: timers list sort  (Read 5955 times)

jbarchuk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
timers list sort
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:34:28 AM »

HiHi X10!

I wrote about this problem via email almost a year ago. No reply. I can tell by the server logs that no one ever looked at the screencap image I posted. Then, it was an annoyance. Now, it's about to become a -real- problem.

In AHP the left column Timers list is not sorted. At all. Yet, the Timer Designer list can be sorted -4- different ways. As can be seen at http://www.jbarchuk.com/img/ahp-sort-timers-2.gif when I add -one- more timer it's gonna scroll off the bottom and become -far- more difficult to manage by mentally sorting the timers.

Thanks much. Have a :) day!

Jim
jb@jbarchuk.com

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: timers list sort
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »

Jim:  Looked at your sample.  I can see your problem.  Unfortunately I don't see an easy answer inside AHP itself.   One possibility is saving the General report as a named file in text format and then bringing it into your word processor as a text file.  This should strip off a lot of the non ascii characters.  Once in your word processor you may be able to use the sort function or search and replace function there to get a useable report.  Don't forget that an ascii file can also be imported into a spread sheet program once the non ascii characters have been stripped off.  If necessary there is a free ware program called "ClipCase" that might help you in cleaning up the text version of the html before importing it into your word processor or spread sheet program.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

P.S. (As of 8/21/06) See my later post here http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9532.msg56481#msg56481 for another possible solution to this problem.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:16:53 PM by Oldtimer »
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.