Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new to x10  (Read 4549 times)

wildwill

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
new to x10
« on: August 18, 2006, 08:32:37 AM »

I want to build a small home sercurity system for my appartment and this is my first x10 system so i wanted to see what hardware you guys(n girls) would recommend. are their whole packages that do what i need it to do?

So i want to have the following included

1 alarm controller
3 motion sensor
1 siern
2 remotes
2 cameras

did i missanything?

also with the camera, when the alarm is teriggered and the camera starts where can i record to? I want to be able to etheir stream on to the internet of ftp stills to local/ external server.

Will

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: new to x10
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:04:40 PM »

As far as the motion detectors are concerned make sure you request the Pro versions! the model number is PMS01 the regular MS10a's are well junk you just get to many false alarms in the mode 1 and mode 2 (2 movements) just flat out doesn't work reliably. What I suggest is request the Pro units and set it to mode 2 test it thoroughly and you shouldn't get any false alarms! Also make sure you get the large power horns these thing are really nice, and extremely loud!!! Which is what you want I had two in the room with my new stereo and when I had a break in they let immediately you should try to get the three for one deal that x10 advertises from time to time. One last thing that I feel drove the thieves out of my house and that was the flashing lights, all my lights are x10 controlled and this happen at night my neighbor said that my house looked like it was alive!! and I can tell you it looks impressive so at the very least if you have a private home at least setup your porch lights and one interior light you'll be impressed how it looks at night! Hope this helps

Tcj
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:39:15 PM by tom j »

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 08:19:12 PM »

Say Will didn't see that you had an apartment but most of what I suggested should still apply, by the way x10 is currently running that 3 for 1 sale on the LARGE powerhorns you don't want to miss this deal if you're serious about an x10 system

Tc

WhiteWolf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »

Do your homework on the cameras. Many of the wireless camera setup methods state that only one camera at a time may record. If you want to record live video from both cameras at the same time the setup is a little more complex but it can be done.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 03:39:30 AM »

If you want to get the camera snapshots to the internet you will need software packages like iWitness or xray-vision available from x10. iWitness requires AHP module. Look at the x10 site where there are several options for the software to capture the stills and get them to the web.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.