Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to use more than 4 cams with iWitness ???  (Read 18412 times)

Henri T

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • using X-10 since '80s ...
How to use more than 4 cams with iWitness ???
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »

1) How much cams can I use on a same video receiver ?   (I thing it's 4 only, is it true ?)

2) Can I use 2 video receivers ? If it's possible, I want to use 6 cams with 2 receivers.

(I've try that and some conflicts happened, the same picture appear on all display of iWitness)
to do that, I've set the first video receiver  on A channel and the second on D channel, but no success ???
I have cams on d1-d2-d3 and d4, and cams on a5 and a6.

Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

jawaid

Re: How to use more than 4 cams with iWitness ???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »

I have used as many as 9 cams on one receiver and could probably use more. You can also use iWitness to control these cameras.

Yes, you can use 2 receivers. I believe you can can bring in only one USB video interface per computer. With 2 video receivers, you can either bring in the feeds to 2 computers or you can combine the two receivers into one feed using a video sender.

As I said, I used 9 cameras with one video receiver. It also depends on what you want to do with these feeds.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »

AHP is able to use 256 cams  As long as the cams are setup correctly  in AHP using one video receiver should work!If you wish to use 2 receivers you may have to  put them on a appliance module so you can turn one of when the other is switched on (eliminating the double image)
Now one other thing you may need to do as I've found threw playing. You may have to add a cam off in macros which switch cams others have noticed this helps with a dominate cam (one that always displays)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Henri T

• using X-10 since '80s ...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:00:50 AM »

Thanks a lot guys, I'll try the macro solution !  [/color]
Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »

You may wish to try pointing the receivers antenna away from all cams as this helps some what with the dominate cam (not 100% for me however) :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jawaid

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:51 PM »

Tuicemen, I have noticed that a camera becomes "dominant" when it is newly plugged in or when its house code is changed. I do not remember seeing this problem pop up during normal scanning. And when this problem occurs, sending an Off command or sending an All Units Off command does not really help much. The only way I have resolved the problem is by unplugging the camera and leaving it off for a while. What has your observation been like?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »

humm never tried that so I just did! ;) :D ;D Nope didn't help might be that I'm using a wired cam plugged into a video sender that is causing my main pain! sending the unit off command does work for me turning the antenna trick helps a little as the image becomes fuzzy when I change to a different cam. I'm thinking ::)(bad sign ;) ) the video sender is sending a stronger signal other cams are closer. ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jawaid

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »

I do not have any wired cameras, but I did notice that the proximity of the wireless cameras to a video sender causes problems as the video sender sends stronger signal. I had to back the video sender away from a group of cameras to let the images from the wireless cameras through. Thanks for the reply.

David Mark

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
    • Ohio Media Group
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »

You can use as many cams as you want per receiver.  Just set the frequency the same for each.  Only the groups of four will turn on and off automatically, the others must be controlled with macros.  The 16 camera scan in AHP does this automatically if all 16 are on the same house code (which makes little sense to me, but that is their rule.)

One receiver per AHP.  And you can't use anything but their miserable (unsigned) video capture driver with their adapter.

phoff

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

Hi All,
I just bought the following:
ActiveHome Pro Computer Interface CM15A with iWitness and myhouse
Xray Vision USB Converter VA11A
ScanCam Kit (Instant On) WVK54
XCam2 WideEye InstantON Camera XX17A

My problem is no matter what house codes I put on the transformer or how I point my VA11A receiver antenna, I can't seem to get both working (that is a good image of each) at the same time. I have searched through this forum and read many posts and followed many of the ideas, but none of them seem to help. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »

I have integrated an 8 camera multiplexer into my X10 setup.
I have some info on my web site here that may be of interest to some.
http://www.hoffmanamps.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.