Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Cameras in iWitness don't work  (Read 8443 times)

ShawnRailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple Cameras in iWitness don't work
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

I recently purchased AHP and iWitness.  I have four Anaconda's wired to my computer using the VA11A USB Video Adapter.  I have tried different settings for the House and Unit codes but always get the same results. 

The first camera installed and configured works great.  When I install the next camera I either get the AHP splash screen or a still shot from the first camera.  If I try to go into the prefernces on the cameras to access any of the camera features, AHP closes. 

For even more fun, I can put any value I want in the house code or unit code and still get an image.

I contacted X10 support and they are totally stumped.

Any one else have similar issues?  Has anyone resolved these issues?

rockman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Multiple Cameras in iWitness don't work
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »

I also have this issue with multi cameras and AHP shutting down. I can't get any answers either. Wish I could help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:43:39 AM »

rockman: check my postTopic: Having problems? Please read first! (Read 5870 times)  there is a link to a fix for AHP shutting down as well as some other helpful links
Also check TaketheActive's TTA's X10 Troubleshooting Tips Thread  (Read 129 times) for some more help trouble shooting other X10 problems
ShawnRailey: Anaconda cams  are wired cams and don't have the ability to switch on their own in order to make this feature work they're wallwart  must be pluged into a X10 appliance module and each set to there own address!
you can also plug them into video senders to send there pic wireless to any video receiver But you still need them on their own appliance module with each having their own address! I run one wired cam in my setup with 2 wireless and other than the dominate cam problem (which I worked around) I have no problems switching.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:04:43 AM »

ShawnRailey,

Did the cameras come with addressable power supplies? Some of the wired cameras do and some do not. If not you will have to do as Tuicemen suggested. If they did, the power suplies should switch one camera on and all the others off provided they have all the house codes the same and the unit codes are in groups of four.(1,2,3,4), (5,6,7,8). How are you connecting four wired cameras to one VA11A?

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 09:04:25 AM »

Did the cameras come with addressable power supplies? Some of the wired cameras do and some do not.
Hey thanks Jim I've purchased 3  wired cams, none came with addressable wallwarts. It's nice to see some do, I think they all should come with addressable power supplies! ;) :D ;D
Do you know which ones come with the addressable power supplies?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:06:11 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JimC

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:26:45 AM »

Tuicemen,

I bought two B&W cameras several years ago that I thought came with addressable power supplies. ( Not currently using them)  The wired color camera I bought this year did not. I will check when I get home this evening and post the information.

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

JimC

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 10:16:42 AM »

Tuicemen,

Check out the instructions for these cameras.

In case the link does not work, it was the instructions for the B&W low light cameras.  :D

http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/sc23a-is.pdf
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

Ok I see the addressable wallwart I have a black&white cam but it is wirelessIguess I'll have to dig a little deeper to see what the wire cams com with next time I order this last time I didn't want the addressable unit as it is for the cottage and X10 doesn't work well there.(a modified sinewave inverter used with my solar setup) But I thought if it cam with one I'd swap it out for one of my others! ;) :D not fussy on the pic from the B&W (lowlight) cams anyways!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.