Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Do I Create a "12 Hour Standard AH CM11A" Macro in AHP CM15A?  (Read 8517 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

ActiveHome CM11A allowed the option of TWO types of Macros:

• Standard: Run from the PC; Limited to 5 Hours MAX (although it allowed me to MANUALLY create a 5 Hour Yogurt Timer and a 12 Hour Charge Roomba Timer!)
  • Fast: Stored in the Interface; Limited to 4 Hours MAX

Quote from:  ActiveHome v1.3.2 Help

The time delay range for Standard Macros is between 1 minute and 5 hours. The time delay range for Fast Macros is between 1 minute and 4 hours. In the Macro time delay window, the area between 4 hours and 5 hours is shown in cyan to indicate that there is a difference. The area between 0 and 1 minute is shown in red to indicate that this period may not necessarily be one minute. The actual time depends on the state of the system clock at the time of initiation (i.e. if there are only 10 seconds left in the current minute, then the delay will only be 10 seconds).

Since AHP CM15A has a Macro Limit of 4½ Hours, the BEST idea I've come up with (so far) is THREE LINKED MACROS of 4 Hours each...

• M1: L9 ON (Roomba plugged into RR501 @ L9)
  • DELAY 4 Hours
  • M2 ON
  • M2: DELAY 4 Hours
  • M3 ON
  • M3: DELAY 4 Hours
  • L9 OFF (Roomba plugged into RR501 @ L9)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: How Do I Create a "12 Hour Standard AH CM11A" Macro in AHP CM15A?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »

There are a lot of things that the new AHP can't do. ("YET") ::) Many things are possible with it if you get creative as you have.(think I read a thread similar to this on the old forum)
The x10 software programmers are amazed at some of the work arounds different users have come up with!
 If you download the freeware add on X10dispatcher (if you haven't already) you find it adds some other cool options to AHP as well.(AHP doesn't need be running for this to work!)
Dave seems to be one step ahead of the X10 programers as it allowed web access before AHP had a plugin for it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:06:18 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:19:48 PM »

The x10 software programmers are amazed at some of the work arounds different users have come up with!

Yeah, I guess if one or two of them ACTUALLY BOUGHT SOME X-10 EQUIPMENT AND RAN IT AT HOME (instead of only 9 - 5), they might have a better perspective of how it *REALLY* works!  :o :(

If you download the freeware add on X10dispatcher (if you haven't already) you find it adds some other cool options to AHP as well.(AHP doesn't need be running for this to work!)

Dave seems to be one step ahead of the X10 programers as it allowed web access before AHP had a plugin for it.

As I already mentioned in another one of my "Convert to AHP" posts, 'Baby Steps '; No Plug-Ins; Not even registered yet.

I'd just like to see it DUPLICATE what my "ancient / old / antique / out-dated " CM11A running ActiveHome v1.32 has been during SUCCESSFULLY the past several years.  :-\

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »

What on earth does a "12 Hour Charge Roomba Timer" accomplish in the real world?

What is a "Roomba"?

And what device in the real world sends the X10 house/unit code that triggers the "12 Hour Charge Roomba Timer"?

Thanks. 

P.S. I think a lot more substantive information and a lot less of the flashy, hard to read HTML would really help us do a better job of helping you.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »

[As I already mentioned in another one of my "Convert to AHP" posts, 'Baby Steps '; No Plug-Ins; Not even registered yet.

It's interesting that you were able to get AHP to work at all without registering it.  I know the plug-ins won't work without registering, but maybe the main AHP program doesn't insist on it.   But then again maybe that accounts for some of the problems you've been experiencing.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:30:24 PM »

What on earth does a "12 Hour Charge Roomba Timer" accomplish in the real world?

Take a guess - what do you think a "5 Hour Yogurt Timer" does? ;)

What is a "Roomba"?

No GOOGLE on your computer???

iRobot Roomba® Vacuuming Robot[/b]

And what device in the real world sends the X10 house/unit code that triggers the "12 Hour Charge Roomba Timer"?

P.S. I think a lot more substantive information and a lot less of the flashy, hard to read HTML would really help us do a better job of helping you.

You probably haven't noticed yet, but this afternoon I deleted several "over-the-top" posts and "toned-down" several others.

My AHP CM15A Software Bug report was pretty calm, along with my "Table-Formatted" Activity Monitor Log (Thanks again steven r!) But neither received any 'Helpful' replies. :(

It seems like when I continue posting into the wee hours of the morning, the urge to format increases  :-[ - I'm working on it though! ;)

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:59 PM »

It's interesting that you were able to get AHP to work at all without registering it.  I know the plug-ins won't work without registering, but maybe the main AHP program doesn't insist on it.   But then again maybe that accounts for some of the problems you've been experiencing.

Anything is possible - but that would be poor-coding practice to "randomly crash" [99% CPU Utilization, "Program Not Responding"] (and the list of other errors that I posted, many of which Tuicemen reported seeing and having  reported during his Beta Testing) just because either it's not registered or I tell my firewall not to allow it to connect with the internet.

What does it need the internet for? I'm not ordering anything...  ???

We'll see - at least I came into this "situation" with my eyes wide open - I was ANTICIPATING problems, unlike some poor hapless "Newbie" who buys all the hype and is then very frustrated.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:21:47 AM »

Anything is possible - but that would be poor-coding practice to "randomly crash" [99% CPU Utilization, "Program Not Responding"] (and the list of other errors that I posted, many of which Tuicemen reported seeing and having  reported during his Beta Testing) just because either it's not registered or I tell my firewall not to allow it to connect with the internet.

Considering all the bugs we've seen in AHP since it's introduction, it's not clear that X-10 has employed especially good coding practises.

What does it need the internet for? I'm not ordering anything...  ???

It checks to see whether there's an AHP update available.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.