Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Product Lists  (Read 29723 times)

father0fseven

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Personal Site
Product Lists
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:32:26 AM »

Ok, I don't know exactly which site this would apply to -- or if it would apply to all of them -- so I'll post it here.

I would really, really like a master list of x10 components/products/etc.  http://www.x10.com/catalog/cat_security.htm comes really close but it's not complete.  I just bought XPDF but they're not on either automation or security.  It took me almost two hours of browsing the website and forums to find them and I only found them by accident. 
(they are close to what I was looking for.  I need something like that but that can control a motor object -- ceiling fan.  I *still* don't know if such an object exists.. and I don't know if an object *doesn't* exist from x10).

All the ads can be interesting but when it comes to shopping for stuff I'm looking for, nothing beats a simple list with links to product info.

Darren
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Product Lists
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 06:54:15 AM »

Most of the XP part numbers are the X10Pro line. Try looking at www.x10pro.com

father0fseven

• Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »

Most of the XP part numbers are the X10Pro line. Try looking at www.x10pro.com

Ok, I see that but x10pro suffers the same problem of not being easy to find products and product information... but more on that on another thread.
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:56:08 AM »

...It took me almost two hours of browsing the website and forums to find them and I only found them by accident....
The X10 sites are know for that. Hope some of the links others have provided help.
BTW... You have my sympathy it you truly have 7 kids. :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

father0fseven

• Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:10 AM »

...It took me almost two hours of browsing the website and forums to find them and I only found them by accident....
The X10 sites are know for that. Hope some of the links others have provided help.
BTW... You have my sympathy it you truly have 7 kids. :)

I'm being naive but I'm hoping that posting on the review site here will actually initiate changes in the website(s)...

And, seven ages 2-13, 3 boys, 4 girls... and my sympathy goes to those with less than 4 children  ;D
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »

...I'm being naive but I'm hoping that posting on the review site here will actually initiate changes in the website...
Perhaps a bit optimistic but I'd still try. Complants on this forum in the past removed the pop up ads from this forum. Unfortunately similar posts and emails have mostly fallen on deaf ears with regard to pop ups and changes to most of the X10 sites. Only one site programmer I'm aware of removed his pop ups. In at least one case, the forum post was closed.
I still, perhaps naively, hope and believe there will be improvement.
Unfortunately for X10, their site has driven myself and many others elsewhere to shop for their X10 products.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.