Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Previous clients  (Read 8396 times)

lingtrin

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Previous clients
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »

should MyHouseOnline be the same version on the client and on the remote computer? or can I have a newer client with a prev. version on the computer?

If both should be on the same version, where can I download prev. client version, i'm not sure on wich version my computer is on, so I will have to check with dif. client versions.

Thanks in advance

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: Previous clients
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:06:28 AM »

I'm a little confused by your question.  The remote computer doesn't even have to have a copy of AHP on it to operate properly.  The first time you try to access MyHouse On Line using a remote computer it has to download a special X10 Javascript.  That's all that's required as near as I can tell so if there happens to be a copy of AHP on the remote computer I would imagine the version # would be irrelevant since its not used in the process.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

lingtrin

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »

let me try to explain my self better:
Home computer -> HouseOnline version unknown
Remote computer -> Client version (latest)

I don't think I have the latest version at home, so I need an older client version so I can connect to my home computer, cause I get the waiting for system XXXXXXX message.

Is this better explained?

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:00:23 PM »

Yes, thanks. Couple of things to check.  First, in AHP, click on "Help" and then "Check For Updates".  Downloads are free so go ahead with the update if you need one. 

Second, again in AHP, click on "MyHouse" and  then "Connect To MyHouse Service" before you try to access from a remote computer.  Needless to say you should leave your copy of AHP running.  By the way this turns off whenever you exit AHP so you have to do it each time you want remote access, unless you leave it on all the time with "Connect On Program Startup".  I'm not comfortable with that option though.

I'm assuming you've already defined a remote user with name and password in "User Configuration".
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:03:54 PM by Oldtimer »

lingtrin

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

Yes all of that has been done, I have even connected before to my home computer, but from work, now i'm on a bussines trip, so i'm using a dif. computer, and since I can't connect i was thinking it was because of diferent client and "server" versions.

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:24:33 PM »

The only thing left that I can suggest is that there is a firewall on the computer or installation you're using that is blocking access.  Sorry I  couldn't be of more help.  Maybe some one else can pick up on the problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 04:31:50 PM »

The client version and the version on you home server are not always the same. It depends on if X10 has updated it resently it isn't uncommon for the server to be updated before the client or vice versa. I haven't used this resently as I don't have access to the internet at work "Yet" so I can't confirm the versions! ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:33:25 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lingtrin

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »

thanks all for your replies, I guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow when I go back home

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.