Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Send an All Off command twice a day/help please  (Read 13311 times)

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Send an All Off command twice a day/help please
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »

JimC,

Thank you for the clarification. I too have the model VT38A cameras and I am well familiar with the underside of the camera which is covered with a hinged lid. I was puzzled by the statement that there was a sensitivity adjustment. Thank you for confirming that indeed such an adjustment is not available on these cameras.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

How do you make the sensitivity adjustment? I did not readily see it on the camera or the manual.

There should be a compartment on the bottom of the floodlight. Open the door that covers it and there should be dials for various sensativy and other settings.

[For some "unknown " reason, I was unable to 'Read / Post To' some of the Technical Boards for several days - it was finally "resolved " today. :) ]

PR511 (w/Range Control):

VT38A (wo/Range Control):
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »

Jim, I also have the same VT38A units - now about 3 years old. I am familiar with the bells and whistles under the camera's belly. After reading Dan's post, I thought perhaps the newer floodcams had teh sensitivity adjustment, I think Dan's post was about the PR511 motion sensors which look similar but do not have any cameras. I have ordered a PR511 to see how well these will work.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »

TakeTheActive,

Thanks for the informative post complete with pictures. That sure does make it all much clearer and as I suspected jawaid was referring to the flood cams. I for one have one of the flood cams that I was never able to get to  operate reliably. I took it with me when I moved to my new house but have yet to install it. Considering how much I disliked it at the old house I probably will not install it. >:(

_ _ ...  ..._ _

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »

There are times when I have outside lights/spotlights on when they are not supposed to be.

Re-visiting this thread "fresh" today, IMO, instead of putting a "bandaid" on the problem (sending extra OFF commands throughout the day), check the signal strength between your X10 transmitter(s) and the "problem" lights and make sure that you're getting them sufficient signal to RELIABLY work with.

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 11:18:55 AM »

1. In AHP create a dummy module and assign it a unit and house code. lets say A1

With all due respect to the rest of this idea, A1 is probably not the BEST choice for a macro (or *ANYTHING* for that matter, IMHO).

You see, the "Advanced Intelligence Programming" built into *MOST* X10 battery-powered, wireless RF transmitters (the gizmos WITHOUT Code Wheels) *RESETS* to A1 (A2, A3...) when the batteries die or are replaced.

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.