Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHP does not report status of LM14A (2-way switch)  (Read 26358 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: AHP does not report status of LM14A (2-way switch)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 09:13:32 AM »

I was using Active Home with a CM11A that was in the technical paper from X10 on how the AM14A and LM14A work.
AHP with a CM15A maybe not the same animal.

I was using third-party software (Heyu) so I can see exactly what's being sent and received.  ActiveHome Pro unfortunately plays games with the data value in extended codes displayed in the Activity Monitor, so you have no idea what's really going on.

If you unplug the load from your AM14A, turn the module On, then Off again, and poll the module, are you seeing the "load disconnected" (40 38) response?

Once my AM14A/PAM22 modules have been turned On, I never see the (40 38) again (when subsequently turned Off) only (c0 38).

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »

I was using third-party software (Heyu) so I can see exactly what's being sent and received.  ActiveHome Pro unfortunately plays games with the data value in extended codes displayed in the Activity Monitor, so you have no idea what's really going on.

Unfortunately the SDK (I assume Heyu uses the SDK) plays games with (filters) all data received in an attempt to make it easier to read.  For example it will combine address and comands together even if the were received separately.  If something sent A1, A2, A_ON, A_OFF the SDK would tell you that it received A1 ON, A2 ON, A1 OFF A2 OFF.  Even worse, if your receive only A1, it won't tell you that it received it until an A command is received and like wise if A_OFF is received without any units on housecode A having ever been addressed it will never tell you that it received that command.  In most cases this doesn't matter, but when trying to read old PRESET_DIM commands, it can really mess things up.  It would be nice if there was a verbose mode which would tell you all the data received without trying to decipher it for you.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »

Unfortunately the SDK (I assume Heyu uses the SDK) plays games with (filters) all data received in an attempt to make it easier to read.  For example it will combine address and comands together even if the were received separately.  If something sent A1, A2, A_ON, A_OFF the SDK would tell you that it received A1 ON, A2 ON, A1 OFF A2 OFF.  Even worse, if your receive only A1, it won't tell you that it received it until an A command is received and like wise if A_OFF is received without any units on housecode A having ever been addressed it will never tell you that it received that command.  In most cases this doesn't matter, but when trying to read old PRESET_DIM commands, it can really mess things up.  It would be nice if there was a verbose mode which would tell you all the data received without trying to decipher it for you.

Heyu doesn't use any SDK (it runs under Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X).   I know it doesn't play games with received data because I wrote it.   :)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »

Heyu doesn't use any SDK (it runs under Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X).   I know it doesn't play games with received data because I wrote it.   :)

I stand corrected! :)  Sorry for causing any undue confusion.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.