Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: disable or turn off a motion detector after it causes trigger  (Read 4363 times)

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have been having fun figuring this stuff out, actually got a motion detector on A1 to trigger a macro A1 to select a camera on B1, pan to a position, start recording for 30 seconds, stop recording, and go back to position 1.  However, I can see that while looking at the software while the macro is running, the motion detector is continually detecting motion triggers which seems to throw the macro into a loop.  Is there a way after the motion initially triggers and has activated the macro to disable that motion detector until the macro the motion detector has triggered is finished and then turn the motion detector back on again.  I have been reading around and have seen that with the smart macros flags can be set, however all I have is the AHP with Iwatchout and the basic macro designer.  I have tried having the first command as turning A1 module off (the address of the motion sensor) but that does not seem to work.  Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

My System
-------------------------------------
Computer: Windows XP, AMD 3200+, ATI Radeon x700 series/256mb, 1 Gig Ram
AHP Version: 3.204 with Iwitness plugin
VA11A driver version: 3/19/2001, 2.0.0.55
Lorex Color Quad Processor SGQ4160
VA11A - USB video adapter capture
CM15A - Computer interface with USB cable
Camera: Astak CM-818W night vision color CM-818W
(2) Ninja VK74A Pan and tilt system

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: disable or turn off a motion detector after it causes trigger
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:24:07 AM »

Simple answer is no! How ever you can make AHP ignor the sensor while the macro is running!
You'll need the Smartmacros plug-in so you can add conditions to you macros
Your macro would look like this:
A1 trigger
If flag 2 is clear then
Set flag 2
Turn on B2
Pan to position X
Start recording
Delay 30 seconds
Stop recording
Pan back to start position 1
Turn Off B2
Clear flag 2

Note: Your motion detector realy should be set to use another address as A1 is the default for all x10 devices and every thing resets to that when batteries start to fail.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cswca

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »

Thank you so much, I had noticed that it put my motion to A1 because it was triggering an example macro which was assigned A1 in my log even though when I dragged the motion icon onto the stage and assigned it as A6 so I really don't know how to assign a motion detector a different address.  I guess I will be getting the macro plugin for AHP.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 03:35:09 PM »

...I guess I will be getting the macro plugin for AHP.
While some are fine with just the plain vanilla AHP software, for me the macros add a very powerful touch to the software. If you look around X10, you will most likely have a package deal for all the add ons.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

cswca

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »

Ill take advantage of some of the package deals that come with smart macro and get me a couple xtra motions, modules, and switches out of the deal ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »

Thank you so much, I had noticed that it put my motion to A1 because it was triggering an example macro which was assigned A1 in my log even though when I dragged the motion icon onto the stage and assigned it as A6 so I really don't know how to assign a motion detector a different address.  I guess I will be getting the macro plugin for AHP.
No problem!
For an explanation on how to change the codes for the motion sensors check: Motion Sensor Code Change
Hope you find that Helpful as well ;) ;) ;) ;)
The SmartMacro plug-in (arguably the most valuable plug-in) really does add so much to AHP   ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:53:25 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cswca

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

No problem!
For an explanation on how to change the codes for the motion sensors check: Motion Sensor Code Change

This really helps, I was wondering how AHP could distinguish one motion sensor from the other, Thanks again Tuicemen  ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.