📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Work from Phones/Tablets outside your home?

<< < (7/7)

IPS:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on February 06, 2018, 12:27:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mic_ on February 06, 2018, 12:01:26 PM ---Did I hear someone here say they did not need to set up port forwarding in order to view their ip cams while away from the house

--- End quote ---
You need to use an app that allows QR scanning or UID manual inputting
This will only work from a smartphone it will not work from a PC or web browser.
I tested this out on an old phone to connect to an IP camera I had setup using this method on my new phone.
I typed in the UID and Password hit connect and it connected. It did take a while for it to initially find the camera. This was also not the X10 Airsight app I tested this with.

Mr. T
I just read your this post and I know it is an old one. I just started to have this problem with my foscam IP CAMERAS due to the fact that  in my area no ISP was providing high speed internet so I had to switch to Starlink and that does not provide port forwarding.
I would really appreciate if you could please send me complete set up.
Thank you.
Wish you and every other member a happy new year. May the God bless us all with happy, healthy and enjoyable year..

--- End quote ---

Tuicemen:
Unless your cameras don't have a uid a app that uses that won't work. I don't remember where I found the uid code on the camera I used maybe under the p2p setting.

brobin:
Good article on how to do port forwarding on Starlink:
https://www.starlinkhardware.com/does-starlink-have-port-forwarding/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version