Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vista Closes my AHP software when I open the Tools / Hardware Config menu  (Read 7702 times)

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Vista Closes my AHP software when I open the Tools / Hardware Config menu
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »

just continue to check on the forums, i saw a place who tells me that the CM19A is very buggy with AHP and have electrical problems with some computers by the usb port.

you should buy a CM15A instead.

By the way, i had AHP 3.228 with Vista and it works perfectly.

Hope it helps
Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

ggrote

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

Sounds to me you have a botched install of AHP.   If you backdated to 3.204 and kept it do the following.  Back up any .ahx files you created and delete AHP and all folders it established when first installed.  Then re-install 3.204 and update that to 3.228, then open AHP and set it up for your proper location, then open your .ahx file.

Finally got around to trying this today, but it didn't work ... deleted AHP and all folders and files I could find, then installed ahp_updt_204.exe and let it update itself to 3.228 ... AHP opened after the install and I clicked Tools --> Hardware Configuration and it locked up as before ...

So I started all over again ... installed 3.204, but didn't update right away ... instead, I went into Tools --> Hardware Configuration and the window opened but didn't give me the opportunity to enter my city from the pull-down ... it was set to "Custom" and had a weird set of lat/long values entered ... so I looked up my lat/long and entered it in manually, which caused the dusk/dawn times to adjust correctly ... I then clicked the button to update the controller ... then I updated to 3.228 and added my XPS3 with a dusk/dawn timer ... still need to install the plug-ins, but I'll wait to see if this works first ...
"If you're not having fun, lower your standards."

patbomar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »

Had the same problem under Windows 7 and couldn't find AHP under the Control Panel to uninstall.  Based on a suggestion I saw elsewhere, I downloaded the AHP software and installed it over the previous installation.  This cured the problem for me, and I didn't have to reinstall the plug-ins.  I was asked if I wanted to update the plug-ins and said yes.  All is well for now.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.