Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vista Closes my AHP software when I open the Tools / Hardware Config menu  (Read 7760 times)

JRMSign

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

New to x-10.  So far very impressed.  I have the active home pro cm 150 computer interface, as well as a usb wireless transceiver - CM19A

The cheapest things I have - so far work the best and easiest.  Keychain remotes work from down the street, Powerhouse transceiver lamp module works great and controlls the two table lamps (one from the module, and one from the remote module that came with it)  I have installed the AHP software, loaded the plug ins that came with it.  And can't turn even one light on or off -NOTHING HAPPENS.

So I started surfing this forum and found a list of common issues that directed me to the Tools / Hardware Configuration / Transceiver Codes

The hardware is set to monitor house code A and the Transceiver Codes is set to automatic.

However - When this info is displayed, there is a message that reads "

ACTIVE HOME PROFESSIONAL HAS STOPPED WORKING - A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. 
button for close program, or x to close the window

I have to click the button, or x the window - both do the same thing, the program closes, no message comes up with suggestion and I have to restart the AHP application and I still cannot control anything from my computer interface.

Note:  If I unplug the interface, when I start the AHP software I get a message that the Interface is not detected and to verify the usb cable is plugged in and the unit is plugged into a working outlet - so the computer is at least detecting the unit - even if I can't use it yet.

If anyone has experienced this and has a suggestion I would be most appreciative of any suggestions you have!  I will watch this post but also would ask you consider copying reply to my email at jrmsign@aol.com

Does this work with Vista???  I bought this a while ago on ebay and don't even recall if I have a cd or downloaded the software - I may have to buy another transceiver to get the software again if I need to load on an XP machine.

Thank you!

John

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Vista Closes my AHP software when I open the Tools / Hardware Config menu
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »

Are you in the US or a foreign country?   Active Home Pro in the Us/Canada comes with the CM15A USB interface, not a CM19A.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:13:50 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

OOPS!!!  You must be in the US as the CM19A is available from the Home Automation Store in Texas for the astounding price of $9.99!!! Regularly $19.99.

What's the advantage of the CM19A versus the CM15A? 

fromnaija

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »

What's the advantage of the CM19A versus the CM15A? 

I think the CM19A does not receive or transmit powerline commands.  They both receive and transmit wireless commands.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:36:51 PM by fromnaija »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »

Thanks for the description.   For that price ($9.95) I was thinking about it, but I don't have any wireless devices in my system.  A good friend of mine runs AHP under Vista with ZERO problems.  Try disconnecting the CM19A and deleting it from AHP and see what happens.

JRMSign

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 01:02:29 AM »

The reply was correct - the cm19a only transmits wireless commands.  I actually didn't connect the cm19a until after I tried without success to get the ahp software to work to control my devices.  It sounds like I don't need it but at this point I can't use either to signal my x10 devices.

Thank you,

John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 06:24:54 AM »

X10 modules need a power line control signal. The CM19A can not on its own control any X10 power line devices. You need a transceiver to take the RF commands and sent them on the power line. In your case it sounds like you have a CM15A and maybe a TM751 as you mentioned a Lamp Module Tranceiver.

The CM15A also has a RF transmitter in it and technically could be set to transmit to a TM751.

The TM751 module has no power line receiver in it. So the CM15A or any other X10 power line controller will turn a TM751 on or off. It only responds to an RF command on its House Code and Unit 1.

Can you tell Vista to run AHP with Administrative Privileges?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:03:56 AM by Brian H »

ggrote

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

Hmmm ... it would seem that I am having the same problem with mine ... I finally got my new XPS3 installed and I can run it "live" from AHP with my CM15A, so I tried to set up a timer to turn the lights on at dusk and off at dawn ... I noticed that the times were wrong, so I opened the hardware configuration screen and windows took it down ... I've retried several times (including once with the CM15A disconnected) with the same result ... before it crashes, I can see that my time is set to London (close, but no cigar ... I'm in Missouri) ... I'm running 3.228 on XP Pro SP3, and I am an admin ...

So, until I can figure out how to get into the config, I guess I'll use a manual timer to verify that they will work as I want.
"If you're not having fun, lower your standards."

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »

Sounds to me you have a botched install of AHP.   If you backdated to 3.204 and kept it do the following.  Back up any .ahx files you created and delete AHP and all folders it established when first installed.  Then re-install 3.204 and update that to 3.228, then open AHP and set it up for your proper location, then open your .ahx file.

stoney

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »

Dan,

Check your Hardware Settings in AHP and look to see if your Time settings under GMT show -05:00 (correct) or -04:00 (which is actually incorrect for our area). There is no way to change it under .236 that I know of but then again, it may show the same under .228 as well.

Thanks!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »

I'm in Baltimore, MD in the Eastern Time Zone, AHP shows Eastern Daylight Time , GMT - 04-00.

stoney

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »

The setting should be -05:00 GMT for our area (I'm in the Baltimore area too).

Double click on the clock / taskbar then look at the Time Zone or Control Panel >
Date & Time > Time Zone. You should see the -05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada

Why then does AHP have it incorrect and not allow for changes? Don't know.

Thanks for checking, Dan!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »

GMT - 5:00 is Windows time.  Why AHP uses an hour earlier I don't know.  My timers fire at the correct times, the CM15A is connected 24/7/365

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »

We are currently in EDT which is GMT -4.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »

Yep!!!!

That's why AHP shows it too, since the CM15A, which is connected 24/7/365 gets it's time from the PC.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.