Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Disarming DS7000 remotely?  (Read 223791 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Disarming DS7000 remotely?
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2006, 06:23:07 PM »

Good to see you back... hope you had fun
. Thanks Dave, I did! ;)

Well p2459  could set up X10dispatcher the way I have  create a macro which triggers AlertDialer or e-mail send and reads TTS.
 Type a message like "Warning your intrusion has been detected, Police have been called!"  
 The flooding triggers the e-mail/dialer and every flood detect sends the TTS so the warning message plays as a loop as long as the flooding remains !  ;)
Once the flooding stops so does the looping TTS! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2006, 02:22:11 PM »

UPDATE: I did start playing around with the signals from the CM15A this past weekend. I don't have any real progress on that to mention, but in the process of looking for information, I did happen across this:

KESRX04 Radio Receiver from Mitel Semiconductor uses Patented Technology to Increase Signal Integrity in Wireless Systems

Instead of trying to do this manually, I'm gonna look at the possibility of replacing the receiver card with one containing this guy.

Notice the date of that article? When did the CM15A come out...2004?
I wonder if HiMark had a flashy 4-for-1 internet AD on their receiver IC during the design stage of the CM15A;) :D

ArtClark

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »

Puck, I see what you mean.  That looks like it would be a great help..  I just wonder, do you think that it might also improve the jamming effect from a correct transmitter?  if it can pull a signal 14db out of the noise (Interference...) it must be using some way of detecting "THE" signal it wants.  This is great, if the signal it wants isn't the same as the interference signal.  I would think that for anything other than an X-10 transmitter, absolutely the way to go.  I have this nagging thought that where, without this, the transmission from, say, a palmpad, would not be strong enough to override another transmission, with this, it might receive the palmpad transmission better, making the jamming with the "Good X-10 Signal" even more effective.

I Must point out, through my entire life, (Other than req'd college courses...) I have avoided working with radio, so the processes involved with jamming, phasing, and different modulation methods are on my "AVOID AT ALL COSTS" lists.  I wouldn't even attempt what you are doing, just because it's too far out from what I do. 

Having said that, is the point I just typed valid?  I don't have the radio tech knowledge to easily find out but I have the feeling that you would have a better basic insight as to the possibilities..

Just a thought......

(I bet a lot of the internals for the CM15A were on "sale"   ;D )

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2006, 02:33:23 AM »

I just wonder, do you think that it might also improve the jamming effect from a correct transmitter?

This is what x10dispatch's software can detect. A repeating TRUE X10 signal can be detected via software. But this hardware (the IC) would pretty much only detect an inband continuous transmission (a CW, modulated or not). So I think the best solution is a SW & a HW combination.

I Must point out, through my entire life, (Other than req'd college courses...) I have avoided working with radio, so the processes involved with jamming, phasing, and different modulation methods are on my "AVOID AT ALL COSTS" lists.  I wouldn't even attempt what you are doing, just because it's too far out from what I do. 

I too have avoided RF as much as I possibly can. I'm a digital guy myself, I prefer my electronics to be binary... ON or OFF, no magic. Fortunately, X10's chosen transmission method is so basic, that I don't mind experimenting.  ;)

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2006, 06:15:19 AM »

I have not tried this yet but if you have security cams in your system mounted on Ninjas and call in remotely to your system to view a cam, then pan it to look around you would be jamming your own system since the Ninja is RF and the signal it sees is a stream of RF from the CM15A. The activity monitor shows a transmission of RF every second when using the pan tilt controls in iWitness. The pan tilt hand held remote is a bit different. Activity monitor shows receiving RF but not the steady 1 second stream. Its report is a bit sporadic reporting the RF only a few times as mush as 10 seconds apart.

Puck do you have any cams on ninjas? Was thinking it would be interesting to see what a aspectrum analyser would show the RF was doing.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »

No, I don't have any Ninjas for my Cams, and wasn't aware they were RF also.

So good point, you would be temporarily jamming your own security whenever you move them. But if the Ninja signal is sending every second, I think the chance that it's transmitting the same time as a security sensor would be slim. But it would be nice to see their signal realtime also.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »

Using the ninjas from inside AHP will not trigger a flooding alert in tests I ran! ;)
See Topic: Flooding!  (Read 281 times)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ArtClark

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2006, 02:21:30 AM »

Boonk!!   Puck, that was me hitting myself in the head.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.  With both HW that's signal selective and SW to detect jams, my thought becomes moot.  SW works better, because of improved RF of good signals, while HW improvement makes good and bad signals more diferentiated.

Now I got it!   ;D

Now I must check into X-10 dispatcher a little more deeply......

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2006, 05:28:45 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen for checking it out. It was helpful :D  I will have to download X10Dispatch and give it a try.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2006, 02:29:41 PM »

Not a problemKDR, as Now I know myself! ;) :D ;D
It's nice to know macros don't seem to trigger the alert.
I haven't tested a real long macro with multiple dims  ::) ???
That might trigger the detection ,but if it does one can just add a 1 second pause in the macro.
That would stop Dispatcher from seeing it as a flood! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LW

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've tried to follow this conversation, and it is clear to me that you guys are very, very smart, but I'm a newbie and I get lost at some points, such as: "Test Reports which are part of the FCC filings", "Good old 741!", "a voltage follower using a 741 op-amp", "the 'Good X-10 Signal'", "A repeating TRUE X10 signal." I'm not sure if poodles are getting paralyzed or if Ninjas are being flooded.  ;) :P ??? I'm not sure I want to know all these things; what I am concerned to ask is, is it fixed? I wonder because it hasn't been discussed since November. If I download, install, and configure X10Dispatcher and AlertDialer, will the flooding that results from holding down the buttons on an X10 remote be treated as an intrusion? Will there be four phone calls, but from the computer instead of the DS7000? Will a siren sound and lights flash? Will the DS7000 need to be manually reset along with the rest of the modules when the burglar who's holding down buttons on the remote releases them, or is it automatically returned to operational, armed status? I know I am being very dense. Thanks for your patience! I appreciate your help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »

LW:
No ! X10 has not nor do I expect them to fix it if at all any time soon!
The flooding doesn't disarm your system it merely swamps it with noise so It can't see signals it is looking for!
No reset of your system is needed (or should be) after the flooding has stopped!
If using X10Dispatcher & AlertDialer, The phone calls will come from your PC as the DS7000 will be flooded with RF noise

X10Dispatcher can trigger a number of things as a result of the flooding how ever you can't send a X10 command to a power horn as the signal gets lost in the flood (if your lucky it might get threw)!
You can have it send a phone call via AlertDialer,e-mail you, send you pictures(e-mail or web site),play wav files or trigger other programs to do any number of things
I use X10wavPlayer to play MP3s,TTS or wavs X number of times instead of X10dispatchers sounds (personal preference).
The Idea of detecting flooding and doing something about it is new, so some fine tuning is needed!
One draw back as you pointed out X10Dispatcher will continue to execute your programs as long as the flooding continues so some fine tuning is needed!
X10WavPlayer has a coded so only one instance of itself can run at a time (next version it will be increased to 2 so Caller id can be announced)
AlertDialer doesn't have any such coding Yet!(next release will) Although you are limited to only one call out at a time on the modem!

Since fine tuning my X10Dispatchers flood detection it has not gone off (except in testing) ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Rabbit

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

I am out of town right now and I have the DS7000 armed. If the alarm goes off it dials my phone and I can "listen in" otherwise listen to the alarm going off. If I somehow determine it was a false alarm, how do I turn off the alarm before the 4 minutes is up or at least reset the alarm if it ends after the 4 minutes? As it is I am assuming all the lights will remain on. How do I do the all lights off remotely hence resetting the alarm? Anyone have experience with this? OldTimer? Thanks.

You can't turn it off remotely those lights will remain on until you get back home! Now there is a way around it you're need that x10 telephone transponder see link below call and check but I'm almost sure it has a All Light On All Lights Off

Tcj

http://www.x10.com/products/x10_tr16a.htm

You can turn the lights off if you have enabled Remote Desktop in XP or Vista and you have set Remote Desktop correctly or the MyHouse Online application. It also requires that the computer at home be left on - assuming you have AHP...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:18:33 PM by Rabbit »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »

I know this is an old thread but with new smartphones it is possible to send info to your Home PC.
With the x10 interface connected to the PC and it running with PC Companion running One could send a usercommand to PCC that sends an AlllUnitsOff signal.

This would turn every thing off on the Security consoles house code.
Of coarse you'd need an Android Phone running TAC

I'm sure some of the other apps available for smartphones could do something simular.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.