Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lola for home theater  (Read 24501 times)

woodsart

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lola for home theater
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:57:53 PM »

Hello,

I am considering purchasing the lola wireless video/audio. However, I have a few questions....

Using comcast rhapsody radio and downloaded songs....(since I understand that rhapsody has it's own player)

Running from the computers audigy card...

to onkyo's 780 home theater speakers....

Is this possible? The radio is my main concern, I understand downloaded music would not be a prob. I hope this is clear enough

Thanks,
Rob

x10marko

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: Lola for home theater
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »

Hey there!  :)

You can listen to any audio that your pc outputs. I understand you listen to the radio
online,  Lola can't control your radio software. But it can control any downloads you have on your computer by remote.
Your sound card and stereo appear adequate for the system. If you want a picture on your tv you'll need a tv out of course.

For your specific use, it might be better to consider the X10 Mp3 Anywhere Pack. You basically train a remote to computer shortcuts, literally being able to control about anything you can control with your keyboard.

You can see the product here: http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ak11a.htm

Hope this was helpful to you.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:20:44 AM »

"For your specific use, it might be better to consider the X10 Mp3 Anywhere Pack. You basically train a remote to computer shortcuts, literally being able to control about anything you can control with your keyboard"

Say Marko I didn't know you could do that could I control my Napster Radio play list like moving up and down the list?

Thanks!!

Tcj

kevinvinv

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

Here is the problem... MP3 Anywhere kit is a serial port kit... not USB...   

But the REAL problem is that when I try to configure BOOM2000 to run iTunes -- it crashes.  More than one of us have independently verified this.

Marko- you say that Lola can play any audio your computer can play...   is this really true???   I really do like LOLA but I cannot seem to get it to play MP4's -- the music downloaded and purchased with iTunes.   I heard Lola uses the windows media player to play the music files... and this thing can't understand iTunes files...   

On the other hand... your advertising for Lola says it can play iTunes music... but I have never been able to verify this or get it to work... sure would like the straight dope on this one...

Am I wrong here????  Pls advise. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.