Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Controling security console  (Read 22469 times)

lil_engineer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Controling security console
« on: September 13, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »

Will the plug-in let me arm the console as "home" (as apposed to away)

CLacina

Re: Controling security console
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »

Yes.  You need to install an SH624 remote in your security console and in active home.  You can then write a macro that will arm the system in either Home or Away mode, with or without the delay.

RJMiller

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

How do you identify the trigger?  I have the remote control installed but see nothing to add to macro in the room with remote, control, PS561, etc.

Thanks.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »

In macro window, at the top just to the right of the house/unit code black box is a button that says "Use Security". Click on that and you should see the options come up. Under trigger is a dropdown list of the units you have registered for that room.

Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

RJMiller

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:50 PM »

Thanks, for some reason I guess it didn't install correctly.  I took everything out and put them back and now functional.

RJ

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »

As far as I know this is a bug in the system (that there is no fix for in the works) , and that is why I ended up assembling a Keychain remote/Universal module hybrid that would arm OnAlert.  As an aside, I also ended up with having to use RealVNC to control my camera remotely, but that's a whole other story.

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

Yes.  You need to install an SH624 remote in your security console and in active home.  You can then write a macro that will arm the system in either Home or Away mode, with or without the delay.

But AHP doesn't "talk" to or through the SH624 remote to arm the console, it has to "talk" directly to the console itself, but doesn't get any feedback as to whether or not the system is armed.  Therefore, trying to use the Home or Away mode, with or without delay, doesn't really work.  If it does someone please tell me how...I would really like to know!

8)

lil_engineer

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »

But AHP doesn't "talk" to or through the SH624 remote to arm the console, it has to "talk" directly to the console itself, but doesn't get any feedback as to whether or not the system is armed.  Therefore, trying to use the Home or Away mode, with or without delay, doesn't really work.  If it does someone please tell me how...I would really like to know!

8)

AHP does send the correct signal to arm, it learned the codes needed when you installed the remote.  It then sends the signal.  No there isn't any feedback to the AHP.  It does cause the alarm console to double beep as if I had pushed the button, but AHP pushed it for me ...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.