Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macros addresses ?  (Read 11127 times)

bolover

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Macros addresses ?
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:04 PM »

I just got the Smart Macros and go to add an 'IF' module status condition the only modules it finds are on a single house code. I use several housecodes and can't get the module I want to 'IF' check to show up in the 'Module Status' box under 'Conditions' ????
 How does the Smart Macro's recognize all of the housecodes ?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Smart Macros addresses ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:06:16 AM »

I just got the Smart Macros and go to add an 'IF' module status condition the only modules it finds are on a single house code. I use several housecodes and can't get the module I want to 'IF' check to show up in the 'Module Status' box under 'Conditions' ????
 How does the Smart Macro's recognize all of the housecodes ?

I think the limitation is that as a stand-alone device, the CM15A can remember the state of modules on only the (single) monitored housecode (although it can receive signals for all housecodes).

But you can use flags to accomplish what you want.  E.g., suppose you have modules A1 and B1.   Create the following macros:

Macro A1 On  -> Set Flag 1
   Macro A1 Off -> Clear Flag 1
   Macro B1 On -> Set Flag 2
   Macro B1 Off -> Clear Flag 2

Then for another macro's  conditions to include the states of both A1 and B1, you test Flags 1 and 2.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »

Smart Macro's recognize all of the housecodes  but you can only use the status for the monitored house code modules as Charles Sullivan  stated. Another way if you only check status of certain modules is to put them all on the monitored house code . ;) If you have more than 16 that you wish to check use the work around, many users have done this with success) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bolover

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

The problem is that Smart Macros is not allowing me to check any module address other than "F". I use "C" "F" and some "A" addresses.
- The 'IF C1 set flag' isn't allowed by the software. C1 isn't in the list of module known to the Smart Macros interface ??? The box of 'If these modules are on / off' only has 1 housecode available. Many of my addresses are in other housecode.
Is there a know bug in the Smart macros or something ??
 Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »

The problem is that Smart Macros is not allowing me to check any module address other than "F". I use "C" "F" and some "A" addresses.
- The 'IF C1 set flag' isn't allowed by the software. C1 isn't in the list of module known to the Smart Macros interface ??? The box of 'If these modules are on / off' only has 1 housecode available. Many of my addresses are in other housecode.
 Thanks.
Inorder to change the monitored house code to C or A you need to change it from in the Hardware Configuration screen (you can only use 1 House code as the monitored code AHP usualy sets this as the code with the most modules on it but you can specify it! ;)
 Flag status is different, if you use C1 to set flag 1 then you use the condition "if flag 1 is set" not "if C1 is on" !

eg: "C1" is my bedside table my monitored house code is "B"
 I create a macro that sets flag 1 when C1 is on and another to clear flag 1 when c1 is turned off
I now can create a macro that looks to see if my bedside table is on with the condition "If flag1 is set"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:24:35 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 10:40:46 PM »

Thanks.

What I described above aren't conditions for a macro, they're individual macros.  The address of a module is used as the trigger for a macro.  The action of that macro is to set or clear a flag.  There are no conditions for these macros.

Then for your conditional macro, you use the flags set and/or cleared as the conditions.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

bolover

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 11:09:23 PM »

So I can't use Smart macros for more than 16 addressable units to check 'module status' IF ON - after 10 pm turn off ??? Without screwing around with some made up flag ??? I can't even get it to recognize the other monitored house codes at all. I have changed the "Hardware Configuration" to only Monitor housecode "C" - no difference, changed it to 'Automatic' - no difference, change the hardware configuration to Monitor all 3 housecodes I use - No difference. The Smart Macros only finds the "F" housecode modules I have setup and doesn't allow any others to be found......??? - how can I get this to find the other housecodes??    Something a simple as turning off a unit "C5" if another unit gets turned on "C1" should not be this hard, but the product is stuck with only "F" units. >:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »

Active Home Pro By default/automaticaly checks your monitored house code as the one with most modules on it. To change this go into "Preferences" and check"Check Monitored House Code Usage" then change the monitored house code in "Hardware Configuration" click update interface  you'll get a message asking if you wish to change to that code as it isn't the one with the most modules tell it to proceed, that should allow your monitored house code to stay at "C"

Update: ok this feature now has a bug
bolover: I just tried to change my monitored house code And can no longer do it. Sorry I didn't try that first I usualy try to do what someone else is trying to,to make sure it still works  ::). So I'll add it to my bug report ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »

I just tried it and it works OK. One other possibility is that if "F" house code has the most modules and under preferences, under warnings if "Check Monitored House Code Usage" is unchecked then everytime you click to save your work it will set the house code to the one with the most modules. Give that a look.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

Update: ok this feature now has a bug
bolover: I just tried to change my monitored house code And can no longer do it. Sorry I didn't try that first I usualy try to do what someone else is trying to,to make sure it still works  ::). So I'll add it to my bug report ;)

I just tried it and it works OK. One other possibility is that if "F" house code has the most modules and under preferences, under warnings if "Check Monitored House Code Usage" is unchecked then everytime you click to save your work it will set the house code to the one with the most modules. Give that a look.

Works fine for me with AHP v3.204.  :)

I got tired of it insisting on ASKING ME each time "Are you sure you want 'H' Dave? I can clearly see that 'F' has more units assigned to it... ", so I just created a MISC Room and added 16 LM15As into it, all addressed to one of my unused 'H' Unit Codes.  8)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 09:02:02 PM »

humm! ???
I'm running ver 3.204 and can't! I get the message are you sure... but the housecode never changes .
I thought maybe my ahx file got corupt again ::) so I tried a different one, one that had my modules configure on another house code and it wouldn't change the code in that configuration either! neither would another ahx file!I'll try making a new file and see if I can do it with it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 09:14:29 PM »

Oh dopy me! ::) :-[ ::) It's been so long sinceIi've done this I forgotten!
Perhaps  bolover  your doing the same thing I was!
when you get the warning screen check keep curent settings as it sees the change you made as the curent even thought the change hasn't been made in the interface!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 09:23:04 PM »

I allways get that message every time I upload to the interface. There are more modules on housecode B than housecode A, which is one of two transived housecodes.(The other is housecode F.)  I click on "keep the current setting" every time.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 11:13:14 PM »

....I got tired of it insisting on ASKING ME each time "Are you sure you want 'H' Dave? I can clearly see that 'F' has more units assigned to it... ", so I just created a MISC Room and added 16 LM15As into it, all addressed to one of my unused 'H' Unit Codes.  8)
Same here. This is a bug that I noticed before. Sorry I don't have time to search for the link right now but I did post it and it wasn't fixed in 3.204.
Setting the HC makes no difference. AHP picks the letter with the most HCs. I have a room labled "DUMMY FOR BUG" that I've put 15 dummy modules to trick AHP.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.