Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Error 100 - Insufficient memory in the interface to compile the data" CM11A  (Read 23947 times)

PE74003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

How to cure this? Have cleared interface memory numerous times, still get same message; communication tests, clock updates fine.  Thanks for any help.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

I'd start off with:

• SAVE your current setup
  • On the STATISTICS Screen, how much FREE SPACE do you have left? [I'm on my CM15A PC now - I'll check the screen name when I go upstairs to my CM11A PC]
  • DELETE a Macro or two to gain some more FREE SPACE
  • Try to Download again...
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

How to cure this? Have cleared interface memory numerous times, still get same message; communication tests, clock updates fine.  Thanks for any help.

The message means you're trying to stuff 10 lbs of manure into a 5 lb sack, i.e., your schedule of timers and macros is too big to fit in the CM11A's 1024 byte EEPROM memory.   Usually there are too many timers.

Are you using timers relative to Dawn or Dusk?  If so, reduce the number of timer intervals.  Go to Tools > Statistics > Resolution and fill in a successively lower value for the Timer Resolution until the displayed Free Space becomes non-negative.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

The message means you're trying to stuff 10 lbs of manure into a 5 lb sack, i.e., your schedule of timers and macros is too big to fit in the CM11A's 1024 byte EEPROM memory.   Usually there are too many timers.

Are you using timers relative to Dawn or Dusk?  If so, reduce the number of timer intervals.  Go to Tools > Statistics > Resolution and fill in a successively lower value for the Timer Resolution until the displayed Free Space becomes non-negative.

That would be my feeling as well.

My current AHP setup is basically what I had with Active Home and the CM11A.  Timers are basically the same, except they have been enhanced under AHP, and I never got that error message.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

When I was using the CM11A I also found that lowering the Dusk/Dawn resolution would give you back more free data.
As mentioned not much memory for timers.

PE74003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Thanks for the quick responses.  My memory has been nearly full for years.  I have the resolution set to the min (4).  I tried to add another command, got the error message, removed the command and could not remove the error.  So on your advice, I did kill one of my standard macros, solved the problem.  Will try to see if I can add it back.  I have ordered the new controller (CM15A?) with the new software, conditional macros, etc -- is it an improvement?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

Thanks for the quick responses.  My memory has been nearly full for years.  I have the resolution set to the min (4).  I tried to add another command, got the error message, removed the command and could not remove the error.  So on your advice, I did kill one of my standard macros, solved the problem.  Will try to see if I can add it back.  I have ordered the new controller (CM15A?) with the new software, conditional macros, etc -- is it an improvement?

The CM15A has an 8K EEPROM versus the 1K in the CM11A, and its handling of Dawn and Dusk relative timed events appears to be more memory efficient than the CM11A.  However as the functionality has been enhanced (as Dan said), it's difficult to compare the amount of memory used in the CM15A versus the CM11A for the identical program.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.