Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bug - On Alert arms Console but not itself!  (Read 62804 times)

Ant

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Bug - On Alert arms Console but not itself!
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »

I have just installed On Alert and think that it's a great concept.  However, there is a bug which effectively renders the system useless! _ until X10 fix it....

When the system is armed by a macro (an advertised feature for remote arming), the alarm console is armed but the alarm status in On Alert is not!

This bug will prevent conditional messaging based on the alarm status.  This problem is further complicated by the fact that the Console does not retain module (sensors etc) codes when power is lost to the unit and the batteries run out.

I have this alarm system in a remote location, where the power can go out for days and for this reason I would rely on the PC (which automatically reboots after an outage and loads AHP) and On Alert.  I would alarm On-Alert through the internet and upon a security breach, receive messages.  However, as the On-Alert does not know the Alarm status, then no messages would be sent.

X10 Pro, can you please fix this ASAP.  Also, how does the low battery confirmation feature work?  I cannot see any function in On Alert which can manipulate this advertised feature?

Cheers in advance.

battery alert?

klawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Bug - On Alert arms Console but not itself!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »

I have reported this to X-10 a week ago via phone support and email. I had asked for an update Thursday and have not received any response.  I saddened, and glad that I was not the only one who had experienced this bug.

I will let you know if I hear back from X-10.

Kirk

jimnfl

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:57:49 AM »

I too have this problem with little input for help :(

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:00:16 AM »

Check out this thread here in the forum - http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=10205.0

« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:41:10 AM by delibaker »

delibaker

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:07:39 AM »

Did a quick test and strange results!  Created a macro to set the DS7000 to ARMED HOME and turn off the lights.  Runs fine and as reported the lock icon doesn't change.  Created a second conditional macro to check for ARMED HOME and turn on lights, delay 10 seconds, and turn off lights.  Running this macro ALWAYS turns on the lights, delays, and turns off the lights whether the DS7000 is armed or not!  Reversed the conditional to NOT ARMED HOME, manually armed the DS7000, the lock icon changes and I got the same results lights go on, delay, and lights off.  Can anyone check this out?

UPDATE - Just learned by trial and error that pressing the RUN MACRO button bypasses all conditionals.  Therefore upon retesting I've concluded that OnAlert recognizes the armed state when armed from a security remote, but not if armed via a macro
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:04:27 PM by delibaker »

RJMiller

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:35:02 PM »

I have not been able to get ANY conditional macros to work and also have OnAlert loaded.  I am beginning to feel that there is some relationship between OnAlert and SmartMacros that results in failure of ALL conditions.

Try a condition with an else clause.  I think you will find that the else clause ALWAYS executes.

I can do macros with security or without and all works as long as no conditions.

See my posts in Smartmacros "Smartmacros don't appear to work".

RJ

delibaker

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 07:57:31 PM »

RJ  I've got several macros with "else" conditions that work fine.  One is if "Armed Home" then "turn off the lights" else trigger chime.  If I use the security remote to set "Armed Home" the lights turn off, if I use the security remote to set "Armed Away" the chime triggers

klawrence

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 11:49:13 AM »

Just Wondering if X-10 is working on a fix for this bug. I have never heard back from them via email on my observation of the problem a month ago.

Hey X-10 are you out there?

Kirk

Snoochy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »

Has anyone heard if X-10 has acknowledged this bug yet or not...it is a bit of a pain that the little lock icon does not change nor does the software recognize the armed status! 

>:(

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 01:54:23 AM »

Just wondering how this managed to get by the beta testing  :-\  ???

Tcj

ArtClark

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 03:14:58 AM »

Quickie Question.  I see the same problem.  Is there ANY way to turn on the Armed status in OnAlert???

I no longer have a security base, so the only items I have is security remotes and macros.  Neither works.

Is turning on the "Armed" Status even possible without a security base???

Hopefully one of you will find a way.  I seem to be at a loss on this one...

ArtClark

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:01 AM »

Repeatring Myself, seeing that no-one responded.

Has anyone seen a way to "ARM" OnAlert without a security base?  I've tried macros and security remotes.  Nothing I do seems to change the OnAlert to "Armed".

If anyone has an Idea, it would be greatly appreciated.  Currently, I just use a flag, which is OK, but I think that the options available and conditions available would be much better if "Armed" was available.

TIA

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 06:33:02 AM »

ArtClark... I know I can get OnAlert to show armed with a security remote by sending the "Arm Away" signal. The little lock at the bottom of the page closes and turns red. I have not tried doing it with a macro. It would not respond to "Armed Home". (before getting a base) However after I got my Radio Shack 49-1000 base, now if I arm home the Icon below turns into a house and glows green I think.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

azbaja

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

Just wondering how this managed to get by the beta testing  :-  ???

Tcj

This is the Beta Test

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 11:58:43 PM »

Just wondering how this managed to get by the beta testing  :-  ???

Tcj

This is the Beta Test

LOL   :D

I sometimes think X10 stole programmers from Microsoft!   ;D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.