Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Annoying X10 Powerhouse Console Chimes  (Read 12824 times)

cattleman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Annoying X10 Powerhouse Console Chimes
« on: October 02, 2006, 03:31:36 PM »

I recently purchased an X10 Powerhouse Security System and installed it without any problems. After the first day, the chimes that sound on the console every time a door is opened became very annoying. Since the unit has no way of silencing these chimes, I took it upon myself to do so. I went to Radio Shack and bought a DPDT switch which I installed into the side of the console. I then routed the chimes' wiring through the switch so I can now turn them off during the day when we are in and out the doors (about 500 times a day) and rearm them at night. While it might invalidate the warranty, it is well worth it to stop those annoying chimes whenever I don't want to hear them.
Does anyone else find them annoying?

{Duplicate post deleted - CS]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:11:50 PM by Charles Sullivan »

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Annoying X10 Powerhouse Console Chimes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 10:02:03 PM »

What was wrong with the Run1 switch position?  If I want chimes I just go to Run2.........

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Annoying X10 Powerhouse Console Chimes
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:17:19 PM »

What was wrong with the Run1 switch position?  If I want chimes I just go to Run2.........

Yeah all you had to do is move the switch to run 1 run 2 is suppose to function like that so that you know when a door/window has been open. Next time before you do a major modification check here first the manuals are often confusing and omit a lot of stuff although I'm certain that information is there.

Tcj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.