Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 system and Mini Powerhorn  (Read 8006 times)

mdrobertson1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 system and Mini Powerhorn
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »

I have a X10 system and I'm trying to figure out how many model #SH10A's that I can have hooked up at once.  I have 4 and only 3 seem to work.. Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can have?

Thanks

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: X10 system and Mini Powerhorn
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:25:24 PM »

If you are using them with a DS7000 system, then as long as all the Mini Powerhorns are on the same house code as the DS7000 there really isn't a limit since they are only receivers looking for a repetition of All Lights ON / All Light OFF on the power line.

Technically, they can all be set to the same unit code also. I'm not really sure why they even have a Unit code setting? Maybe one of the more experienced users can answer that one.

Since you have 1 working, I would set the other 3 to the same house & unit codes and test them one at a time in the same outlet to verify they all work. If they do, then you most likely have a phase and/or noise issue with the other outlets you tried.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 04:22:41 PM »

I second the tests to see if they all work in a known outlet with the same House/Unit Code. If so it sure sounds like a signal or noise problem where they don't work.
I believe if you send a dim or bright command to them on the House/Unit Code they ding dong.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:19:42 PM »

Technically, they can all be set to the same unit code also. I'm not really sure why they even have a Unit code setting? Maybe one of the more experienced users can answer that one.

The SH10A Siren can be actuated with a sequence of All-Lights-On/All-Units-Off commands (as the DS7000 does it) or alternatively with a sequence of simple On/Off commands on the same Housecode and Unit code as the siren.  (And as Brian noted, the SH10A can be used as a ding/dong chime with Bright/Dim commands.)
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 10:26:30 PM »

(And as Brian noted, the SH10A can be used as a ding/dong chime with Bright/Dim commands.)

Sweet... dim has one tone and brighten has a different one. For every 10% of dim/brighten it send a ding (I.E. 10% = 1 ding, 50% = 5 dings, etc.)

I have a new toy to play with :)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 06:12:59 PM »

(And as Brian noted, the SH10A can be used as a ding/dong chime with Bright/Dim commands.)

Sweet... dim has one tone and brighten has a different one. For every 10% of dim/brighten it send a ding (I.E. 10% = 1 ding, 50% = 5 dings, etc.)

I have a new toy to play with :)

That's really nice to know can incorporate this in a macro with my on of my eagle eye motion detector, you get a brownie point from me!  :D

Tcj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.