Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless to Wired  (Read 2949 times)

PCTech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless to Wired
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

I purchased a kit from X10 about 6 months ago, which included 4 wireless cams. Because of the way my house is wired and also the cordless phones and router I have - the cameras will not function properly (I know this is a common issue) I have tried all trouble shooting steps and attempt to change the frequency, etc.

My question is, is it possible to get a schematic to convert the camera to a wired version; does the wireless cam have the 'guts' it needs to become wired, as in - could it possibly be as simple as determining where to connect an RCA wire/plug?

I know I can get more cams but I'd really like to make use of the ones I have.

-Thanks!

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Wireless to Wired
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »

My question is, is it possible to get a schematic to convert the camera to a wired version; does the wireless cam have the 'guts' it needs to become wired, as in - could it possibly be as simple as determining where to connect an RCA wire/plug?

WARNING! This will void your warranty!!

I don't know about a schematic, but what you are asking is possible. I did it to a couple of older X10 Cams [XC10A] about 5 years ago, and it was fairly easy. All I did was use a small video monitor w/ video input to detect the video signal. If you remove the bottom of the camera, you should see the wireless transmitter board with 5 wires going the the actual camera.

If I remember right, they are V+, Vcc, audio, video, signal grd., but you will have to figure out which is which.

Shouldn't be much of an issue if you have a decent multimeter.

As always, your mileage may vary as designs change over time.
Good Luck

PCTech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Wireless to Wired
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »

GREAT! Thanks for the info - I'll take a look at that.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.