Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which Procedure Works For *YOUR* KR19A Slimfire Remote?

[1] KR19A Slimfire Remote Installation and Operating Instructions
- 12 (60%)
[2] {Programming the New Batch of} SlimFire Remote KR19A
- 4 (20%)
[3] {Programming the EVEN NEWER Batch of} SlimFire Remote KR19A
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: KR19A Slimfire Remote Programming Discrepancies... [Updated: 2006/11/22]  (Read 109539 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: KR19A Slimfire Remote Programming Discrepancies... [Updated: 2006/10/18]
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 01:38:41 AM »

I have the newer KR19A and the newer programming procedure does not work as written...

What is your Date Code?
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: KR19A Slimfire Remote Programming Discrepancies... [Updated: 2006/11/22]
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 01:57:06 AM »

I am not certain which date code my remotes have, don't use them, the range sucked ( I could blow on a leaf and it had better odds of operating the switch that the remote was supposed to opperate)  But I did use the instructions included in the box.

cover4me2

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 04:46:37 AM »

Recently purchased KR19A remotes (Nov/Dec 2007) - one with a date code 07J40 (inside back cover) and part number P10898A (label inside on circuit board).  To program seems that:
  1.  Found after entering the programming mode by holding down the top #1 ON and OFF buttons for 2-3 seconds, had to set the new house code using the #1 ON button, and then without exiting the programming mode, set the new unit code using the #1 OFF button.  Exit back to normal mode (#2 ON or OFF button) only after setting both the house code and the unit code.
  2.  Didn't completely verify, but looks like remote was resetting back to house code A and unit code 1 upon entering the programming mode.
  3.  Not sure (didn't bother to retest) but entering the programming mode and then trying to change only the unit code (by using the #1 OFF button) may have actually changed the unit code, but at the same time reset the house code to A.
r/Ed

slipdisc

Re: KR19A Slimfire Remote Programming Discrepancies... [Updated: 2006/10/18]
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

Holy cow!  I had the same problem as you, Marean

I could not get my second SlimFire remote to program as my other one with the revised instructions.  So what we did is when we set the house code with the top ON button, we did not push the bottom OFF button yet.  Instead we programmed the unit code with the top OFF button, THEN we hit the bottom OFF button.  This worked for me. 

Looks like we have a THIRD WAY of programing these things.  My date code is p10898a, btw.

[TTA Edit: Highlighted *NEW* information.]

This method in fact worked for two of mine as well. I ordered a 4 pack of them Dec 2007. All same code p10898a. The other two only worked when i pushed the bottom off after each house and unit codes.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28

I have a KR19A and I seem to have lost the programming recipe.  Its date code is 9K46.

I press and hold the top ON button
The LED immediately flickers once (transmits?)
A 3 second pause
The LED flashes once.
A 3 second pause
The LED flashes once. I assume for the default housecode "A"

Now, this is where I get stuck.   :(

If I start to try to program a new housecode by pressing and releasing the ON button, the LED flickers (instead of blinks), and is transmitting, not programming.

I tried this variation:

The LED immediately flickers once
A 3 second pause
The LED flashes once.
I start to try to program a new housecode by pressing and releasing.  I get to like "G" (7 press/release) and the LED changes from blinking to flickering with each subsequent press/release.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?    Is there a possibly a timing rhythm I am missing when pressing and releasing the button?   ???
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

OX10

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

I've just bought a new KR19A and found out the setup instruction (Choice #2) didn't work.  It's good thing I read this forum and tried out the third (newer) setup instruction:  Stay in programming mode and set up both house code and unit code then exit.  Thanks!

There's no date code on the back or is it the FCC ID?  There's also a Canada code.

slimfire

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »

Since google brought me here I thought I would register with a throwaway account and add a 4th way.   This applies to the previous post, my slimfire was just like this:

The LED immediately flickers once (transmits?)
A 3 second pause
The LED flashes once.
A 3 second pause
The LED flashes once. I assume for the default housecode "A"

Mine was like this.. Manual didn't help, 2nd way didn't help, 3rd way didn't help.  The procedure that worked for me was:

Hold down upper-left 'on' for 3 seconds.  First it flickers, then solid flash.
Tap for the house code.. I did 'F' -- 1..2..3..4..5..**6** 
Note on press #6, you have to press and HOLD.
If you did it right, it will blink-back to you the 6 solid flashes.

Now it is programmed to F.   

I believe to program the unit code you do the same sequence with the upper-left OFF button.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 12:24:50 AM »

WOW!!!! Puck, KDR, -Bill- (of gwjohns.com), Dan, Walt2, an edit by TTA.... I real trip down 2006 memory lane.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.