Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problem with MyHouse and Email  (Read 46535 times)

sstormes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Problem with MyHouse and Email
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »

Guys,

I have tried all ways, Auto, SMTP, and X10 gateway, and I can't get an email out. I have configured all users in MyHouse, and set up the macro correctly, but nothing is sent out. My logs say that the macro sent the email, but I never get it. I have tried sending to my cellphone (xxxxxxxxxx@cingularme.com) set up a forward email with my external email server (xxxx@domain.com -> xxx@cingularme.com) every possible combo, nothing. I even went as far as setting up a span port on my switch and connected an ethereal box to sniff traffic. My AHP is not sending out an email. Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

sstormes

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 02:01:53 AM »

You know what...after looking more into my workstation configuration (and paying closer attention to my packet capture) I noticed that my DNS lookups to my MX records, were looking up at a private IP range. Specifically a private IP range at my office. I didn't see any email communication with my packet capture because I wasn't connected to my office VPN, which is where my DNS server was pointed. I didn't see it originally because it had been configured as a tercerary (sp) DNS server. I caught that from my packet capture once I realized the record said

Standard query MX 192.168.1.241

But did not get a response.

Gotta love ethereal!

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:55 PM »

Me too having the same problem. I am not able to send email invites from MyHouse. I have tried both options (SMTP & X10 Portal). When I send an email, I do however get the message box saying "Email Sent", but nothing actually happens.

Tahir

tinnman357

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »

I too am having the same problem as Tahir, does any one know a work around?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 11:32:03 PM »

I found nothing about X10 on the BBB site through your link and it provides no search function for X10 problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

I found nothing about X10 on the BBB site through your link and it provides no search function for X10 problems.
This is most likely to what he was referring. It took me a while to find it.
http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=x10&add=&c=&st=&z=
I had to click on "Business" under "CHECK IT OUT:" in the upper left and enter X10.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:08:51 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »

Thanks.

I did check out the links provided, and all the complaints about X10 USA in any form anywhere are 7 to 8 years in the past (1999 and 2000), nothing later. In all the complaints in every case, the remark is "This company is not a BBB member" is found.  The BBB only has power over member companies that violate BBB practices.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.