Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: connect multi camera system to multiple TV's  (Read 2773 times)

Camshy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
connect multi camera system to multiple TV's
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »

I'm new with x10 cameras and home automation, but plunged in and bought a four camera wireless system with motion sensing for my home. The kit included a cm19a wireless PC receiver; VA11A USB video capture adapter; ux23a VCR commander ll; CR13A multicamera remote.  Ultimately I'd like to be able to view the camera on any of several TV's in the house. The TV's are on a cable system which will be converting to digital soon. I think I can hook the video receiver to a PC and get a signal out to a RF modulater to plug into my cable system and select say channel 2 for anyone to use as a monitor channel. Anyone done this? Does x10 have a modulater to help with this? thanks in advance for any assistance. Kevin

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: connect multi camera system to multiple TV's
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:33:02 PM »

get a signal out to a RF modulater to plug into my cable system and select say channel 2 for anyone to use as a monitor channel. Anyone done this? Does x10 have a modulater to help with this? thanks in advance for any assistance. Kevin

I use a four device auto switching modulator, it gives me a single audio/video out as well as channel 3 or 4. I picked it up at walmart for (I think) about $25. I re-broadcast my camera's using sender/receivers to both up and downstairs.

I also currently modulate a DVD signal from my home theater and both re-broadcast and, send via coax, the signal on channel 4 with the cable.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.