Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can we use MyHouse without your servers yet?  (Read 10308 times)

pvignola

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can we use MyHouse without your servers yet?
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:05:07 AM »

I have looked through the forums and there was mention of a "stand alone" version of MyHouse.  I can't connect to your server and would love to be able to use my own server for MyHouse.  Any word on this?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:13:50 AM by pvignola »

ArtClark

Re: Can we use MyHouse without your servers yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »

I would like to use my own server as well and have watched several other topic postings on this, but I haven't seen anything
on it yet.  Possibly write the code in VB?  Maybe it's in the works at X-10?  If you hear anything, please post it!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »

For what it's worth....

myHouse and connectivity

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »

10Pro posted this in January, 2006. It's now November 6, 2006.

"You are understanding how MyHouse works. We do have plans for a standalone connection method that doesn't use our servers for
remote communication but I don't have an estimate for when that will be released yet."
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pvignola

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »

I spoke with Eric Boyd (tech support manager) yesterday and he suggested I use VNC or Remote Desktop connection.  It would seem that they don't have any plans to release a stand alone version.  Eric are you out there?

ArtClark

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 01:21:24 AM »

This whole thing forces me to bring up a question.....  If you use X-10 to remotely control various things in your
home and a major problem occurs because of an internet communication problem, is X-10 going to take the legal
responsibility for failure in their servers?  If they offered you a method to control it with your own server, and you
make the choice to use theirs, then you are responsibile.  If they don't offer this option, they are FORCING you
to depend on their servers, thereby taking on this responsibility for themselves. 

I'm not sure how far this responsibility would go, but rest assured that I intend to check further with people
who will know.  (Note: this will take some time.  I feel the need to do this locally and personally.)

As soon as I have some Verified information, I will pass it along.  I'm sure my state, and many others, will not offer
much but there are some states that don't allow limitation on liability.  Might make X-10 re-think this situation.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.