Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does MyHouse Online Actually Work?  (Read 13840 times)

whewitt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Does MyHouse Online Actually Work?
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:19 PM »

Has ANYONE been able to get ActiveHome Pro with MyHouse Online and iWitness to work?  I have gone around in circles with support staff.  The limit to their support seems to be uninstall and reinstall.  This does not work.  The service simply does not "Connect to MyHouse Service".  I am running on XP Pro, SP2 - firewall is off, no AV program is running and their own web page reports that I will be able to connect.  Unfortunately it does not work.  I have had other machines with web servers running on my DMZ - and I can connect to them just fine.  So I can access servers on my DMZ.  It seems that this MyHouse service simply does not work.  I really want this to work, but I'm at my wits end here.  Does anyone know how to make this service work?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Does MyHouse Online Actually Work?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 10:11:09 PM »

MyHouse Online does indeed work.

It was down for a period today. Actually, I couldn't connect to any X10 site for bit.
I just tried MyHouse and it connected no problem.

Have you tried some of the suggestions in MyHouse Online?

I'm running Win2K thru a software and a hardware firewall with no real problems since day one, so I can't make any suggestions. I don't know much about XP, but there is information in those threads. If you still have problems I'm sure someone else here with more experience can provide more suggestions.

Good Luck

pvignola

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:48:34 AM »

I have not been able to connect either.  I called suport and they told my the server was down.  I tried yesterday and I was not able to connect either.  I hope I can get this thing working.

glt

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »

Can't connect here, I'm not sure, but is seems the newer purchasers (in the last week) can't connect. Maybe the guy that knew the program left the company?

See my posts in the MyHouse forum for more.

I asked for a new registration number since X10's servers (from within the AHP program) say "cannot connect...verify myhouse registration..", but it appears that "Eric Boyd" <ericb@x10.com> is no longer answering my emails.

Get an RMA - eventually that will work.

GLT
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:27:49 AM by glt »

whewitt

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:53:39 PM »

I've tried everything.  I have the latest verson of the software, and it still does not work.  (Yes - I downloaded the "patch") 

I can use MS Remote Desktop to connect to my system - so I know it is not the network or the computer setup.  This software simply doesn't work.  It can not connect to the X-10 servers.  Perhaps it works on Win 2000.  It does not seem to work on XP...

My problem is now that I can use remote desktop, and I can see everything that way, I can ignore their software.  I wanted the thin client approach they sold me, but I can get by with remote desktop.  It feels like "bait and switch".  All I can do is hope that they fix the software some day, and give me the upgrade...

Chancho

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 08:43:24 PM »

whewitt,

I have called X-10 support and am just as frustrated as you are. Their answer always involved purchasing something else to fix the problem. That off my chest, I can tell you that to say "I'ved tried everything" will get very few responses from any bulletin board. What exactly have you done to try and sign on? After you list what you tried and the responses you received there is a lot more available for everyone to help make suggestions. I just got "My House" working along with I-Witness after lots of reading and trial and error. It records video, stills and controls my Ninja. So, while everything is still fresh in my mind to help:
When you started AHP, your plug-ins showed registered, you then clicked on My House on the top of the screen and clicked connect to My House Service. If the status screen didn't pop up, click My House again and click My House Status. What does it say?
I'm sorry if I'm sounding simplistic, but we gotta start somewhere. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.