Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UR74A remote 5-in-1 learn key.  (Read 21729 times)

besanucas

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UR74A remote 5-in-1 learn key.
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:01:32 AM »

Hi!

Did you use the learning key of your x10 remote?

I use it, but don't work correctly. I press and hold the setup key until led lights steadily, I press the device key and the led blinks once, and finally I press the learn button, but the led don't blink once. When I press the learn button the led blinks five times and the blinks off. Is there an error?

The mode reset and the master reset don't work too.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: UR74A remote 5-in-1 learn key.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:26:36 PM »

• I press and hold the setup key until led lights steadily,
  • I press the device key and the led blinks once
  • and finally I press the learn button, but the led don't blink once. When I press the learn button the led blinks five times and the blinks off.

You are doing the procedure correctly. I just re-learned a key on my UR74A to double check. My led does blink off then back on just once when I press the learn button.

If your batteries are OK, then possibly your remote may be bad.  :-
Is this the first time you are programming this remote in the learn mode?

Maybe someone else knows what causes the led to blink five times???

allen55

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:46:30 PM »

How to program the x10 learning remote control without using device codes

Hold down the “Setup Button” until the red led light stays on.
Click one of the functions you want to use: IE: TV, VCR, CBL or, X-10 until light begins to blink.
Start clicking the CHAN +(UP) button until the channel changes. Once the channel changes you have found the code for that device, Click the ENT Button to save the code for that device.

To test it clicks the Power Off button for that device to turn off. If it turn off then you are done and Repeat these same steps to program your other devices such as your cable/box.

I hope this help you out.

allen55

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 02:43:38 AM »

allen55: maybe check out Tuicemen's The Finer Art of Posting to the Forums ... and TTA's url link info in this post: Re: GUESTS/LURKERS: Why Don't You Register (and Become NEWBIEs)?

Re: Not able to get the x10 5 in 1 learning remote to find my dish network code « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

Re: UR74A double sending everything « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »

Re: 6-n-1 remote codes « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »

A couple points:
  • You just have to post something once and provide a link to the others (when members sign on, they don't want to read the same thing 4 times)
  • You don't need to repeat whats written in the manual (if you are seeing a difference, then just state what doesn't match the manual)
  • The OP of this thread stated having problems with the learn mode (so the code search doesn't apply here)
;)

besanucas

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 06:35:34 AM »

IT WORKS!!!! The batteries will be FULL OK, or the learn key blinks x times and don't work.

Thanks for your comments and your help.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:56:22 AM by besanucas »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:50:27 AM »

BTW, X10 changed the key sequence for the resets.  Some earlier units use a different key sequence than the newer units.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.