Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New DST Settings for 2007 and Beyond  (Read 3848 times)

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
New DST Settings for 2007 and Beyond
« on: December 05, 2006, 01:15:16 PM »

I have the old CM11 w/Active Home 1.42 in my home. I would like to update the AHP w/CM15. Does AHP provide a way to change the start/end dates for DST like 1.42 does? If not will there be an update that provides for the new dates (starting in 2007 - DST starts 2nd sunday in March, ends 1st sunday in November).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: New DST Settings for 2007 and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

You will most likely have to do it manually.  The latest version of Active Home is 1.42 and no more updates are planned as the CM11A is no longer in production.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

whsbuss

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:23:45 PM »

You will most likely have to do it manually.  The latest version of Active Home is 1.42 and no more updates are planned as the CM11A is no longer in production.  :(

Does the AHP software have a similar capability? I want to upgrade.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »

I believe so, but I seem to remember that it may have to be addressed in an upgrade to AHP.

If you do upgrade to AHP and the CM15A USB interface, your .x10 files from Active Home should import to AHP. Some people have wound up with corrupted .ahx files, but when I upgraded I had no problems. AHP converted all four of my .x10 files from Active Home without any problems.

whsbuss

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 02:49:32 PM »

I believe so, but I seem to remember that it may have to be addressed in an upgrade to AHP.

If you do upgrade to AHP and the CM15A USB interface, your .x10 files from Active Home should import to AHP. Some people have wound up with corrupted .ahx files, but when I upgraded I had no problems. AHP converted all four of my .x10 files from Active Home without any problems.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see a way to set it in the current AHP software (3.204) I'm running on a test PC. I may wait a month to see if this is addressed before I purchase. For now at least I can do it manually in the old software. Also, thank for the tip on the .x10 files. That will sure save me some time.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 06:52:48 PM »

I have posted in the Wish List section about what X10 is going to do about it. Right now, the year in the Hardware Configuration ends on 1/04 and the year restarts in 1/05. I'll watch it after that date and see when the DST time change is shown. If there's no update to AHP by the middle of February, it will be time to PM somebody about the problem. The CM15A gets it's time from the PC it's connected to, but how AHP will accept it is the question.

One very important thing for both AH and AHP:  ALWAYS back up your .x10 in AH and .ahp in AHP fies. It will save you if the main files you use get corrupted. I back up all mine after every change.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:04:39 PM by Dan Lawrence »

whsbuss

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

Great. Gotta think AHP should have the capability of setting non-standard DST times.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.