Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Would Two LM465s in Parallel on One Load Damage Each Other?  (Read 5487 times)

marineau

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Would Two LM465s in Parallel on One Load Damage Each Other?
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »

I would like use two Lamp module for one lamp.

First module to B2 and second module to M2,,, these two module connected to once lamp.

Does this method can to damage module if current is 120V on the output's module when his position is OFF ?

Expert ! What is your comment ?

[TTA Edit: More informative title.]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:36:46 PM by TakeTheActive »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Would Two LM465s in Parallel on One Load Damage Each Other?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »

Why would you want to do that?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:27:50 PM »

I would be concerned about the ON module back-feeding line voltage to the OFF module. What happens if one module is set to DIM when the other module gets turned ON?

Some analysis would definitely have to be done to find out the effects.

Why not just create a macro to recognize the second house / unit code and send the correct unit code for dual control?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 12:37:35 AM »

I would be concerned about the ON module back-feeding line voltage to the OFF module. What happens if one module is set to DIM when the other module gets turned ON?

Some analysis would definitely have to be done to find out the effects.

Why not just create a macro to recognize the second house / unit code and send the correct unit code for dual control?

I like Puck's idea.
X10 provides plenty of opportunities for trouble shooting without creating new challenges for it. In addition to unpredictable results, you would need create a special wire to connect the load.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 08:13:41 AM »

As I have posted elsewhere in this forum before, a manual on/off switch in the position of B1 in Marineau's diagram when M2 is an appliance module is no problem based on personal experience (assuming polarity is correct).  I'd agree with the other posters that two lamp modules in parallel would be iffy at best or dangerous at worst.  In fact I'd even question using two appliance modules in this way because of contact arcing due to timing differences in the opening and closing of the internal mechanical switches or because of possible malfunction of one module leading to overload of the second module.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

marineau

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

In my House I have many Motion Sensor, and want disable all sensor when I want ! Just disable a code house !

Today, I use a macro for this:
Lamp to B2, SS13A to B2, MS15A to M2, TM751(Code House B), TM751(Code House M)
      - When M2 ON(motion) is detected, Macro turn ON a Lamp
      - When current time is higher than 10:00PM or lower than 7:00AM, Macro is disable while we sleeping ...
All work fine, but I don't like a delay in Macro when MS15A detect motion !

But if I could use two Lamp modules, so a setting could be like this:
Lamp to B2 and M2 , SS13A to B2, MS15A to M2, TM751(Code House B), TM751(Code House M) connected to AM486(B16)
In computer : CM15A (note that a RF detections is [electronic] disable) receive only x10code from wiring's house

- When M2 ON detected(motion) MS15A send signal to TM751 (Code House M) and
          turn ON a lamp immediatly (no delay in Macro)
      - When current time is higher than 10:00PM or lower than 7:00AM, Macro maintains B16 to OFF.
          so Tm751(setted to M) and connected to AM486 setted to B16 is disable.
      - While B16 is Off, all command from my SS13A can turn On or OFF a lamp by Code B2

So all Motion sensor setted to house code M are disable while we sleeping ! (We have many automatic Night light in our house)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »

In my House I have many Motion Sensor, and want disable all sensor when I want ! Just disable a code house !

Today, I use a macro for this:
Lamp to B2, SS13A to B2, MS15A to M2, TM751(Code House B), TM751(Code House M)
      - When M2 ON(motion) is detected, Macro turn ON a Lamp
      - When current time is higher than 10:00PM or lower than 7:00AM, Macro is disable while we sleeping ...
All work fine, but I don't like a delay in Macro when MS15A detect motion !

But if I could use two Lamp modules, so a setting could be like this:
Lamp to B2 and M2 , SS13A to B2, MS15A to M2, TM751(Code House B), TM751(Code House M) connected to AM486(B16)
In computer : CM15A (note that a RF detections is [electronic] disable) receive only x10code from wiring's house

- When M2 ON detected(motion) MS15A send signal to TM751 (Code House M) and
          turn ON a lamp immediatly (no delay in Macro)
      - When current time is higher than 10:00PM or lower than 7:00AM, Macro maintains B16 to OFF.
          so Tm751(setted to M) and connected to AM486 setted to B16 is disable.
      - While B16 is Off, all command from my SS13A can turn On or OFF a lamp by Code B2

So all Motion sensor setted to house code M are disable while we sleeping ! (We have many automatic Night light in our house)

I know where your coming from with not liking the delays under various conditions with macros.

What I did: ask the wife which condition she wants the light to turn on the fastest and move that condition to be the first one to get checked;)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.