Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Accurate support for the Universal Module (UM506)  (Read 10176 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Accurate support for the Universal Module (UM506)
« on: December 16, 2006, 03:00:06 PM »

Right now, the Universal Module in AH Pro has only a wall switch symbol for 'on' and 'off' control.

That works fine if the Universal Module itself is set for "continuous".

However, it is rather poor, and quite difficult to use, if the Universal Module is set to "momentary".

My suggestion is that in the Universal Module edit, to have a way to select either "momentary" or "continuous" to match the module true, actual, operational setting.  With "continue", have an on/off control like that on an Appliance Module, and with "momentary" have a momentary push button like that on a Macro.

Any hope getting something like this???
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 03:03:34 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Accurate support for the Universal Module (UM506)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:10:19 PM »

Walt2: excelant suggestion. X10 is currently working on getting their software Vista certified but maybe once they have done that they can get back to bug fixing and software improvements and enhancements. Your idea is one I would like to see.

------------------- K D R
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.