Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need help with Vanguard software installation issues  (Read 57098 times)

erock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: I need help with Vanguard software installation issues
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »

Update: I just received the hardware from x10. After plugging in the USB video capture and wireless tranceiver into the PC and using the same install file that gave the I/O error message before now results in a successful installation.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »

Update: I just received the hardware from x10. After plugging in the USB video capture and wireless tranceiver into the PC and using the same install file that gave the I/O error message before now results in a successful installation.

Cool!   8)

Thanks for keeping us posted erock!   :D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

swozi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 07:33:45 AM »

First time I tried installing Vanguard I got the I/O error. I called tech support and they said to "disable" any antivirus or spyware. That was the problem. Great tech support.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 10:48:15 PM »

First time I tried installing Vanguard I got the I/O error. I called tech support and they said to "disable" any antivirus or spyware. That was the problem. Great tech support.

Thanks!

Yes, this is a frequently overlooked issue.  Especially these days with all of the built-in "baby sitters" in anti-virus and Windows!   ;D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

project5k

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »

i'm having the same i/o error, ive tried dl'n software on a couple different machines and get the same thing, one running xp and one running 2000.  it allways hangs up on the x10net.dll corrupt instalation file or something another.. theres not any virus or spyware software on the machine i've tried both saving the dl file local and installing and just hitting run instead of save, both give the same answer... i've tried without the cm19a plugged in and with, same thing, and ofcourse thier not available to help me on the weekend...

InlineSix24

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

I also am having the I/O error on installation of the Vanguard software once it reaches the x10net.dll file. This is in XP Pro ver 2002 w/ SP2. Antivirus is turned off and the install software has been reinstalled in case of corruption. I attempted to connect the video adaptor (even though it says to do the software first) as erock reported had worked for him with no change in the result. Has anyone found the way around this?

JerryLB

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »

I'm having the same problem with the Vanguard and X10 support! The Vanguard ICC works with M$98, M$2K but not with M$XP. As for uninstalling the software, X10 places the uninstall program in the windows directory, NOT as expected in the Vanguard Directory. I'm getting those rundll32 ERRORs whenever I use this Vanguard ICC. I checked out the rundll32 supplied with the ICC software and found it was to be used with M$ME NOT M$XP that I'm running. I seem to think that if I removed the M$ service packs it just might work finally. I replaced that rundll32 with one from M$XP and a few things worked that didn't before, however me thinks windows restore cancelled out my replacement and put that M$ME driver back!

I once had a thread here about this matter, guess someone didn't care for all the negitive comments. As it is no where to be found, perhaps off in Deleteville somewhere.

NEEDLESS to Say:
I'm Kinda PO'ed with X10's Vanguard Control Panel Software, I paid 100$, more than a days wages for me and it don't work as advertised. I can't wait until I purchase another X10 Product! In the meantime I'll use a Camera Control Panel Software that was NOT written for the Vanguard or any X10 Product, yet it works BETTER. I can even record video, take snapshots, edit the video, set it to record when motion is detected without useing a motion detector as supplied with X10. This OTHER software records 30 frames per second while recording video. Much better quality compared to the other non-working choice.

This other program can also do PTZ, but, it's not written for the Vanguard so it no workie. (Maybe with a little or a few kind words the author of this program might try to get it to work with the Vanguard, others have already done so.) I have to use the remote to control the camera useing the software I purchased so it's no longer a big deal. I'll use it with another program that works better than the one written for that camera. I got that other program here: http://www.pysoft.com is a demo and it's far better than nothing at all. Matter of fact I'm going to purchase it once the funds are available.

Now I'll try to set my sights on replacement parts for the vanguard, my other vanguard needs the gear that controls the pan motion replaced, I would like to replace it with a nylon gear, rather than like the plastic one used by X10. Matter of fact I'd like to replace ALL the plastic gear's in the Vanguard with Nylon Gears, I don't think X10 has them or they would already be installed.

spelbound

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 12:57:06 PM »

Ok Guys I've got some answers, first let me state that this wireless system is the worse crap on the market
you probably will never be happy with the reception if you have purchased more than one camer and the x10 support is just as great as the poor quality products. With that said the key to getting something for the money you spent is this.
1-download the software
2-open the software and install your camera's
3- set up your password for remote access (make sure you write it down) you will need it to remote access your system
4-turn the x10 software online (on your computer)
5-On the remote computer go to  http://gate.x10.com   (this is the info that support @ x10 never gave you or me)
6-enter your user name and password
enjoy

Spelbound    ;)

christianshea

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

I had the exact same issue. I tried installing the drivers first at http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Solving_%22Vanguard_requires_an_installed_VA11A%22_Message

It worked!

But my Vanguard software still crashes after installation. Weird, since I had no trouble for the last 3 months!

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »

I can't say I've found a solution to that problem, however I am running the same operating system as you. Windows XP 2002 with 2 GB of ram and a fast processor. I am experiencing a problem with the installation of the video USB adapter. I've tried plugging it in first and then again after the other software and still it is not showing up in the device manager as being loaded at all. As a matter of fact nothing is showing up in my device manager as being loaded, even though it says after loading that it was successful.
So if you do find a way, let me know also please. Thank you.

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

Even though I am currently having some problems with Installing some software onto another computer with a different operating system. I will have to say the support I have received from the X-10 company has been to the most prompt and efficent. I have the X-10 system that run 3 cameras on the Pan & Tilt bases. I think there quite cool and work wonderfully with the Vista Operating system. The one thing I didn't care about the way it was viewed on my computer is in 4 camera mode where of course mine showed 4 screens but only have the 3 receiving. I was only able to watch one camera at a time insted of being able to view all running at the same time. Now that I am trying to get it to work with the windows XP operating system. I seem to be having a problem getting the XP program to except it. It says it downloaded properly but when I go to the device manager it isn't even there, but it is downloaded because I go to where my downloads are which is in my documents and its there. When it ask where I want to download, I specify it to be downloaded into my C; Drive or Hard Drive and still it does not show up in the deviice manager as being loaded. So I'm at a lose there but overall for the price the Vanguard X-10 System is okay in my opinion.

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 10:32:37 PM »

One thing I have noticed is the different anti-virus programs clashing with one another. This is a possible problem. After using my Vanguard X-10 system with 3 cameras on a Vista Operating system for sometime, for the most successfully and enjoyed using it. I seem to be having problems with the different security systems I have clashing with one another. I have a well known Business Security of which I will not mention any names. That is for the security of my computer only from hackers and such. Then my security system for the X-10 Vanguard System along with the MIcrosft Windows Security for there programs and I experienced quite a few problems in getting it ironed out to work properly, but eventually did. Somewhere along the way my registry was badly corrupted, so I was forced to switch computers of which has a different operating system. Now I have the Windows XP 2002 operating System and I can't seem to get it to except the downloading of the software or to show up in the right place. However I have had good
luck in getting the proper help required to get my things working from the support team since I have aquired the equipment I purchased for the security of my home and business. I've only recently had to make this new transition to a different operating system.

RAYMAN

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »

I just went through all this mess after hours of getting it to work properly there are still a few actions that cause the Rundll fault but I try to avoid them. Recently we had a power failure and Vanguard was running. When it came back on, no more Vanguard, just the processor going to 99% with Rundll but no Vanguard. I did everything I thought. Deleted and reinstalled unplugged everything. AHP still worked perfectly. I saw a post here about reinstallion so I began by just deleting the Vanguard Directory and the MY Images directory. Just for kicks I clicked the Vanguard Icon and it started up perfectly. It required re-registering but that's not a problem. It's back to like it was before and it only took me about 20 hours to fix it.

RAYMAN

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »

I had the same problem after a power failure while connected. After hours of toil I got Vanguard to work but couldn't connect to the server with a remote. Finally I tried this and it worked. Put your server on line. On your remote connection at the connect screen delete the name and password, leave it blank. It will connect. Then you will be able to change the connection name and password. 

RAYMAN

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 12:55:44 PM »

I had the same problem after a power failure while connected. After hours of toil I got Vanguard to work but couldn't connect to the server with a remote. Finally I tried this and it worked. Put your server on line. On your remote connection at the connect screen delete the name and password, leave it blank. It will connect. Then you will be able to change the connection and password.  
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.