Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installation Pictures ???  (Read 22346 times)

bfogle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Installation Pictures ???
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »

Hello everyone. I am NEW to this site and am interested in becoming a contractor but have some installation questions.  1. How complicated is an outside installation with multiple cameras (such as under the EAVE) for providing the 110V power?? and 2. How do you get power 110V to your cameras in remote locations (no 110v power)  close by. Is this a problem?  I have worked with 110v ac power most of my life and have no problem providing 110v at the cameras location but would like to know how often you as contractors have to provide 110v power for these systems. and does ANYONE have any pictures of these type installations or any installation for that matter. Also what is the most common type of install?  Cameras or Automation or a combination of all product? And last but not least, Is there anyone making a living doing nothing but x10 sales and Installations, and what are your sales or profit figures (ballpark) if you don't mind....      Thanks for your time.   Bfogle

Atreyou40

Re: Installation Pictures ???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:26:47 AM »

:( I am dilligently searching the answer to this exact question everywhere.  I'm ASTOUNDED that this product has been so successful without a much better way of getting power to an eave mounted camera than "wall outlets".  I read that there are "lamp adapters" which would work well for me, but even some type of adapter in the base of the cam would be great to splice into the 110 wires in porch and exterior lighting fixtures.

My wall outlets are all 6" off the ground, and my cameras need to be tucked behind some trim panels 8' in the air.  I DEFINITELY can't use the Ninja mount in any application based on what I've read here, although, maybe I'm missing something.

In anycase, I'm not as worried about the wireless elements, or the lack of an "omnidirectional" receiver.  I'm looking for a way to power these things that doesn't involve ridiculous extension cords, and black cabling climing the bricks on my house to get to the eaves where the camera needs to be.

One in the ground might be OK, but all of them?  I need some ideas please. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:52:36 AM »

........... I'm ASTOUNDED that this product has been so successful without a much better way of getting power to an eave mounted camera than "wall outlets". 

.......I'm looking for a way to power these things that doesn't involve ridiculous extension cords, and black cabling climing the bricks on my house to get to the eaves where the camera needs to be.

The most popular way... of course... is the use of the remote AC power sender/receivers.

All humor aside. You can find books on the topic of fishing wire at you local home improvement store.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:55:09 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Atreyou40

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:51:49 AM »

Dave, where are these things listed in the catalog?  I couldn't find it under "camera accessories".

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:30:43 AM »

All humor aside.       You can find books on the topic of fishing wire at you local home improvement store.

I am sorry. The devices are a joke. They are the often much desired technology... that has not yet been invented.

For now... the best we can do is cleverly fish wires so as they don't show.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jumpmaster

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »

I'm not a contractor but I spliced into my outside spotlights and the ninja base and camera work fine.  Just make sure no one turns the switch off, the lights are IR controlled.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.