Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lights, Video, Sound, Action!  (Read 20394 times)

mjwillyone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lights, Video, Sound, Action!
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:42 PM »

Friends,

I have had X10 components for over 13 years.  However, these were limited to light switches, light and appliance modules, and the 5-in-1 remote. 

I am now embarking on a much more involved project... a theatre.  This theatre is in a conference room.  I want to control X10 lighting modules as well as controll IR components (electric video screen, video projector & surround sound DVD player.)  I would like to click a button (say on a remote or something else) to activate scenes where I have timed the events.  Here are two such events I would program:

Video Ready Scene
1.  Incandescent lights turn on
2.  Overhead florescent lights shut off
3.  Screen drops
4.  Video projector turns on (and warms up)
5.  DVD player turns on (but does not play DVD in tray 1 yet)

Video Play Scene
1.  DVD player begins DVD in tray 1
2.  Incandescent lights lower to 25%

The problem I am having is operating both IR and RF devices at the same time.  I ordered the X10 software and module to program events, but I am not sure that I have what I need to operate IR devices with this complexity. 

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much!
Mike

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Lights, Video, Sound, Action!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »

Yep.... I did something very similar with my home theater (click here). I used the Infrared Mini Controller (IR543) and a Harmony/logitech 628 remote, which programs X10 IR commands used by the IR543. But even though I haven't updated my Web Page (it's still not Y2K compliant) I have updated my system with AHP (Active Home Pro). I am also now using BXVC (Bill's X10 Voice Commander) and I now turn on my theater lighting setup with a voice command. But I still need a remote to start the DVD.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:30:33 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:01 AM »

Yep.... I did something very similar with my home theater (click here). I used the Infrared Mini Controller (IR543) and a Harmony/logitech 628 remote, which programs X10 IR commands used by the IR543. But even though I haven't updated my Web Page (it's still not Y2K compliant) I have updated my system with AHP (Active Home Pro). I am also now using BXVC (Bill's X10 Voice Commander) and I now turn on my theater lighting setup with a voice command. But I still need a remote to start the DVD.

I'm interested in this also...  I have an IR543 which accepts IR commands from my Harmony 880 to turn on/off lights/fans...  however, I too am looking for a way to take X10 signals and send IR--is the only way to do that with a VCR Commander?  I don't have one yet; implementation seems pretty limited.

PS, Bill's X10 Voice Commander link didn't work; try here...  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13387.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:31:33 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »

I'm interested in this also...  I have an IR543 which accepts IR commands from my Harmony 880 to turn on/off lights/fans...  however, I too am looking for a way to take X10 signals and send IR--is the only way to do that with a VCR Commander?  I don't have one yet; implementation seems pretty limited.

PS, Bill's X10 Voice Commander link didn't work; try here...  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13387.0

There was... at one time a IR Commander (UX17A)... or so I have read. But at this time the BEST/ONLY way I know of is via BVC.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:32:21 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

There was... at one time a IR Commander (UX17A)... or so I have read. But at this time the BEST/ONLY way I know of is via BVC.
I didn't realize BVC did IR as well...  I sense another project coming on...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:33:05 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

I didn't realize BVC did IR as well...  I sense another project coming on...

Not only will BVC allow Voice Command of IR Devices (TV's, Sound Systems, DVD Players & such) as-well-as X10 devices, and macro triggers. It can also allow for macros (in AHP) to signal your IR Devices.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:33:53 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.