Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some modules not supported in AHP.  (Read 37056 times)

Henri T

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • using X-10 since '80s ...
Some modules not supported in AHP.
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:31:45 AM »

Hi,

List of modules not supported yet in AHP :
  •    Big Red Emergency Button (KR15A)
  •    Large PowerHorn (PH508)
  •    ReX-10 Motion Detector (DM10A-COM)

:-
Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Some modules not supported in AHP.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:52:01 AM »

Hi,

List of modules not supported yet in AHP :
  •    Big Red Emergency Button (KR15A)
  •    Large PowerHorn (PH508)
  •    ReX-10 Motion Detector (DM10A-COM)

:-

I have no problems with my DM10A working with my CM15A.  It is works just like the other RF motion detectors.  I have it set up to trigger macros in AHP when someone approaches my front door.

Though, I agree, I would really like to see the KR15A and the PH508 directly supported!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 07:55:04 AM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »

I have no problems with my DM10A working with my CM15A.  It is works just like the other RF motion detectors.  I have it set up to trigger macros in AHP when someone approaches my front door.

Though, I agree, I would really like to see the KR15A and the PH508 directly supported!

Is the BIG RED BUTTON not supported, or is there just range problems? I haven't tried the power horn through AHP...but I assumed (and I know what that means) that a series of ON (1 second delay) OFF (1 second delay) ON (1 second delay)..... would do the trick. It's too late at night to try that here...maybe in the morning.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 10:19:41 PM »

Just checked my AHP (3.204) and the BIG RED BUTTON KR15A is NOT listed in the supported modules.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 06:33:55 AM »

The PH508 would be a resource hog on the CM15A.
It needs a constant On Off cycle at 1 second intervals, on the House/Unit Code it is set to or an All Lights; On All Units Off on the House Code it is set to; for it to sound.
It takes 4 cycles to start it and then about 4 seconds after the last cycle of signals to stop.
KR15A isn't that a security type module? Does the Security Plug in support it?

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

The PH508 would be a resource hog on the CM15A.
It needs a constant On Off cycle at 1 second intervals, on the House/Unit Code it is set to or an All Lights; On All Units Off on the House Code it is set to; for it to sound.
It takes 4 cycles to start it and then about 4 seconds after the last cycle of signals to stop.
KR15A isn't that a security type module? Does the Security Plug in support it?

Resource hog is right!   I created a simple macro, selecting an appliance module, but using a powerhorn house code. I created five ON/OFF cycles with a 1 sec delay between each, to get one short blast from the powerhorn. But still there could be some very limited use for that.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:08:05 AM »

Is the BIG RED BUTTON not supported, or is there just range problems?

I haven't played with it for some time, but I believe the problem is that it doesn't send out just a standard, for example, RF "on" command.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »

The BIG RED BUTTON is interesting! The ad says: Requires any X10 Security Transceiver - Sold with transceivers or base stations included in security kits like Protector plus (DS7000), and Monitor Plus (DS8700) . I would take that to mean ON ALERT software would be required for use with AHP.

However the PDF says: Plug in an X10 transceiver RR501 or TM751.

I got my BIG RED BUTTON out...I have never used it....and I can't get mine to do anything.

I haven't played with it for some time, but I believe the problem is that it doesn't send out just a standard, for example, RF "on" command.

And reading the BIG RED BUTTON directions....Your right.

Thanks for the info Walt2.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:48:22 PM by Dave_x10_L »

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »

The Big Red Button is a funny little device. It sends a regular On command when you press it momentarily, but if you keep holding the button down it sends a security system "Panic" command. I don't think it sends an off command unless you open up the case and use the House and Unit buttons.

Unless you want it was part of the security plug-in (OnAlert) I can't say I understand why you would want it as a module in AHP -- it's just a special form of remote control. Then again, I felt the same way about including the motion sensors. Not everyone thinks about things in the same way, which is just fine.

Henri T

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • using X-10 since '80s ...
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 11:25:43 PM »

Hi,

I thing it could be nice to be able to add the BIG RED BUTTON as a Security Type Module in AHP (like other remote devices)
(keychaine, security remote, etc.)

I would like to see exactly all the modules I have in AHP.

That is the reason I start this Subject ...

Thank you guys for all the replys.  (and excuse my english ... I'm a french canadien (québécois) from Montréal !!!
Thank you !
:) Automation is funny with X10 Gadgets ! ;)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »

Unless you want it was part of the security plug-in (OnAlert) I can't say I understand why you would want it as a module in AHP -- it's just a special form of remote control.

When I bought it, I was thinking of having it be used to simply trigger a macro. 

That macro, would be the "emergency" macro; turn 'on' all interior lights (for quick and easy exit), turn 'off' everything else, and possibly start to flash all the exterior lights (quick ID of house for fire/police).

While, of course, just about any RF remote could do this, the idea of having one with just a LARGE RED BUTTON seemed appropriate.

bigjohn9944

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »

Just an FYI for all.......... The KR15A will NOT work with TM751's or with the ActiveHome CM15A. It works ONLY with the RR501 and the PS561 security console and with older TM751's (I have one in a blue box, date code 2001 and it works fine)
I've been advising X10 for a couple years now but all they suggest is trying different house/unit codes, which doesn't matter. The KR15A simply doesn't communicate with TM751's or the CM15A.

I sell the KR15A on Ebay and have had to change all my listings to indicate that they work ONLY with RR501 and DS7000 console.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

The KR15A is a bizarre device.  The ones I own have a date code sticker 00I38 and apparently a firmware sticker P10378D.

They work like this:

The "standard" X10 RF signals are 33 bits versus the 32 bits from other standard X10 RF devices, which probably accounts for the failure of some transceivers to properly decode them.

With a quick press of the button for no more than one flash of the LED, the device transmits:
  Housecode|Unit  ON
  Houscode BRIGHT

If held for two flashes of the LED, the above plus:
  Housecode DIM
  Housecode BRIGHT
  Housecode DIM

If held for three flashes of the LED, the above plus:
  Housecode BRIGHT
  Security PANIC

If held only until the LED comes on a fourth time, the above plus:
  Housecode|Unit ON
Then 11 seconds later:
  Security PANIC
Unless the button is tapped again, the LED stays on for over 2 minutes but with no further transmissions.

If held pressed after the LED comes on the fourth time, the whole sequence is:
  Housecode|Unit  ON
  Houscode BRIGHT
  Housecode DIM
  Housecode BRIGHT
  Housecode DIM
  Housecode BRIGHT
  Security PANIC
  Housecode|Unit ON  -> repeated every 4 seconds while the button remains pressed.
Then 14 seconds after the button is released:
  Security PANIC
And the LED again remains on for over 2 minutes unless the button is tapped.

KR15A units with later date code stickers may behave quite differently.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.