Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Changing Monitored House Code affects existing smart macros  (Read 18936 times)

john30120

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Changing Monitored House Code affects existing smart macros
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:01:34 PM »

It would be helpful if the "module status" condition could be used in all 16 house codes rather than just the one code selected as the monitored house code. One unexpected result occurred when I set up 10 or so macros triggered in the "B" house code range controlling lights set in the "C" code range. As conditions in the macros I used "C1 ON" and "C2 OFF".

When I uploaded the macro to the interface, the program noted that I had more B coded macros than C coded modules and thought it a fine idea that I change the monitored house code to B. Seemed reasonable at the time so I said OK. The macros didn't work right and I found out that the "C1 ON" and "C2 Off" conditions in the macros had been changed to "B1 ON" and "B2 OFF"!!

No warning, just frustration until the behavior could be sorted out and then bewilderment as to why the program would respond in this way.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Changing Monitored House Code affects existing smart macros
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »

It would be great if you could check the status of any address. Unfortunately, the interface only has the capacity to track the one house code, and my guess is that it's pretty unlikely that will change. AHP should be smarter about suggesting when to change the Monitored House Code, though. It would take an update to address, but probably wouldn't be too difficult to make it so that you didn't get that suggestion if you had macros that used module status conditions.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:00:25 AM »

AHP could be a little smarter,
It keeps wanting to switch my monitered house code, to a set that is rarely used.  I have more codes listed under this one setting, so the software keeps wanting to make it monitered code, even though it recieves more signals from a house code with fewer addresses.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »

...It keeps wanting to switch my monitered house code, to a set that is rarely used.  I have more codes listed under this one setting, so the software keeps wanting to make it monitered code, even though it recieves more signals from a house code with fewer addresses.

Create a DUMMY ROOM and add enough DUMMY MODULES on your DESIRED HOUSECODE (I use devices that I don't have, such as HD245) to overcome the number of other modules and it will STOP complaining. :)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 02:18:03 AM »

AHP could be a little smarter,
It keeps wanting to switch my monitered house code, to a set that is rarely used.  I have more codes listed under this one setting, so the software keeps wanting to make it monitered code, even though it recieves more signals from a house code with fewer addresses.
Yeah I don't think X10 has addressed that bug yet.

As TaketheActive put it while I was typing my reply...

I had to create 15 dummy modules with the same code to force AHP to monitor the house I wanted.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:02:38 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 02:29:12 AM »

...As TaketheActive put it while I was typing my reply...

Easy Peasy as Jamie Oliver would say...
;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »

Create a DUMMY ROOM and add enough DUMMY MODULES on your DESIRED HOUSECODE (I use devices that I don't have, such as HD245) to overcome the number of other modules and it will STOP complaining. :)

With still only one housecode able to be monitored, your DUMMY ROOM solution would still be limited to just 16 unique DUMMY MODULEs, no?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:56:33 AM »

It would be great if you could check the status of any address. Unfortunately, the interface only has the capacity to track the one house code, and my guess is that it's pretty unlikely that will change.

Too bad.  I would have gladly given up a little memory, if that memory could be used to store the status of all 16 house codes. 

I mean, it could not be all that much memory.  The interface only stores 'on' and 'off' status.  So, all 256 possible house/unit codes would be only 256 bits or just 32 bytes of memory.

It would also be nice if AHP/CM15A had a "query status"(aka "poll"), for 2-way modules, as part of the Smart Macro conditionals.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 09:40:43 AM »

I mean, it could not be all that much memory.  The interface only stores 'on' and 'off' status.  So, all 256 possible house/unit codes would be only 256 bits or just 32 bytes of memory.

Problem is the CM15A's microcontroller only has 256 Bits of RAM. This contains the monitored house code's status, program variables, registers, stack, program counter... etc. There is no external RAM; only an EEPROM for our downloaded AHX file.

Just one more reason why a complete redesign would be nice.  ;)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 10:14:13 AM »

Problem is the CM15A's microcontroller only has 256 Bits of RAM. This contains the monitored house code's status, program variables, registers, stack, program counter... etc.

Wow, no wonder it is so limited.   :o

X10 must have been pretty creative to be able to do all it is doing, with just 32 bytes total of RAM to work with.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.