Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple macro test fails  (Read 4235 times)

davevr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Simple macro test fails
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:54:41 PM »

I am having trouble with just a basic flag test program.  I set up two macros using house code "M"  The first "M1" checks flag #2 and turns on phantom appliance module M3.  M3 is also a macro that clears flag #2 (off).  An appliance module set as M3 graphically shows me when it is turned on.  When I trigger M1, appliance module M3 turns on.  I manually turn it off and trigger M1 again.  At this point it should not turn on M3 since flag #2 is in a "off" state, but it does turn M3 on again.  I go through this several times and have the same result.  Either the flag is not getting cleared, or it is being ignored in the condition check.  Below is the simple logic I have tried.  I have tried storing both macros in PC and also in interface and the results are the same.  Any suggestions?

M1  (macro)
Trigger conditions
   M1 on and flag status on - 2
End trigger conditions

Action:
Appliance module M3 on

M3  (macro)
(no trigger conditions)

Action:
Clear flag 2

M3 appliance module (watch to see if it turns on.)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Simple macro test fails
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »

davevr: How are you triggering M1?

If you are clicking on it manually in AHP, then conditions are ignored and it will execute the macro.

davevr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Simple macro test fails
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:12:29 PM »

That would be the reason - Thanks.   I was testing it by manually triggering in AHP.

My ultimate goal is to have a motion sensor send an email.  I have achieved this, but it sends multiple emails with continuing motion.  Since I have the email sent to my cell phone as a text message at $.10 each, I need to limit that.  My thought was to set a flag, enter a 5 minute delay and reset the flag.  That way I would only get an email every 5 minutes at the most. 

After reading the many posts on flags and emails, it appears I will need at least 2 if not 3 macros to do the job.  One string I read claimed email and conditions cannot reside in the same macro.

Thank you for your help.  :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.