Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anymore reviews on the Icon Remote?  (Read 15820 times)

Ottawa_here

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Anymore reviews on the Icon Remote?
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »

Hey all, I was wondering if anybody else had gotten their hands on the new ICON Remote? I put an order in for one last week, still haven't gotten it as of yet but was wondering what people have to say about it. From what I've read, it seems you have to use it with the IR543 to get it to control your x10 stuff, has anybody been able to get it to work with it yet?

Any replies are truly appreciated. Once I get mine, I'll post my review.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Anymore reviews on the Icon Remote?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 06:24:59 AM »

Page 38 of the users manual indicates it will do X10 control with the IR543. X10 code is 0401 per the manual.
I think the manual is now available to download along with the quick users guide and a code chart. If you want to peek at then before it arrives, maybe you can download it.
Mine has a mini 5 pin USB connector inside the battery compartment, but I see no reference to its use in the manuals I downloaded.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Anymore reviews on the Icon Remote?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »

Mine has a mini 5 pin USB connector inside the battery compartment, but I see no reference to its use in the manuals I downloaded.
Just so everyone Knows the USB mini plug is use at X10 to load the drivers in the unit.
perhaps down the road X10 will come out with a addon pack for the Icon remote so the end user can update the remote at thier end thus: "It will truely be the only remote you'll ever need!" ;) :D ;D

Note:
Reviews for the remote can be found here: Entertainment Product Reviews
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:58:33 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.