Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: False alarm and dis-alarm through phone  (Read 5800 times)

newrock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
False alarm and dis-alarm through phone
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »

There are really two questions; (1) I got a false alarm the second week after I installed DS7000, what would be the cause of it and how to avoid it? (2) When a false alarm occurred, I got call from DS7000 to my cell phone and heard the recorded voice and chimes, after I pressed 0, the chimes became a low-tone rings. However, DS7000 still chimes at the house until wife rushed home to dis-alarm. Is there a way to turn off the alarm by pressing a DTMF digit(s) on the phone?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: False alarm and dis-alarm through phone
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »

(1) I got a false alarm the second week after I installed DS7000, what would be the cause of it and how to avoid it?

What type of sensor triggered the false alarm, Door/Window or Motion?

(2) When a false alarm occurred, I got call from DS7000 to my cell phone and heard the recorded voice and chimes, after I pressed 0, the chimes became a low-tone rings. However, DS7000 still chimes at the house until wife rushed home to dis-alarm. Is there a way to turn off the alarm by pressing a DTMF digit(s) on the phone?

a) When you press '0' the base station's siren stops. What you are probably hearing is other sirens that you may have in the house. Also you can hear the interference from the X10 "All Lights On" / "All Units Off" while listening in.

b) All sirens should have stopped and lights stop flashing (left in the on state) after ~ 4 minutes. There is no way to cut this short while on the phone.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »

I was  wondering this also And thought of a little trick I heard about for car keyless entry remotes!
I haven't tried this and probably won't with my unit as it is to far away to rearm and I wouldn't be able to do so remotely! >:(
When you receive the alert get your "KR10A remote" place it right next to the mic on the phone and press disarm!
If anyone tries or has tried this please tell us the results! ;)
In any case once you press 0 and the sirens stop as soon as you hang up they start again! The plus side is they auto stop after 4 mins unless a motion sensor re-triggers if a door or window sensor triggered it the same sensor won't re-trigger even if it is left in the open state!(this I know for sure) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »

I was  wondering this also And thought of a little trick I heard about for car keyless entry remotes!
I haven't tried this and probably won't with my unit as it is to far away to rearm and I wouldn't be able to do so remotely! >:(
When you receive the alert get your "KR10A remote" place it right next to the mic on the phone and press disarm!
If anyone tries or has tried this please tell us the results! ;)
In any case once you press 0 and the sirens stop as soon as you hang up they start again! The plus side is they auto stop after 4 mins unless a motion sensor re-triggers if a door or window sensor triggered it the same sensor won't re-trigger even if it is left in the open state!(this I know for sure) ;)

This is one of those urban legends.  It won't work with your car's remote, and won't work with the DS7000 as both operate on RF frequencies.  You can't transmit a radio signal over your phone, whether it's land line or cell.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.