Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [HELP] Macro Problems Began With Addition of New (First) Transceiver?  (Read 20700 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: [HELP] Macro Problems Began With Addition of New (First) Transceiver?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

I have no problems dimming with the SS15 (Stick-A-Switch) through the 501, the 751 would 50% of the time.  The SS15 in the Breakfast Room drives both a lamp module and an overhead fluorescent light through the 501 there.

Both are established through AHP and have the same address as the unit code 1, so if a timer runs to turn on at 7:30 am to turn on F1 (the lamp module) the 501 will show as on in AHP.  If a timer runs to on F2 (the fluorescent light) the AHP will not show the 501 as on. 

The Living Room SS15 controls A1, A2 & A3. the 501 is on unit code 1, so same rule apples.

I have a single keypress macro that runs from A5 OFF and turns off all units on housecodes A,C and F.  Press A5 off on any desktop controller and every light turns off beginning with A1 through C7, in order.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:57 AM »

...(I'm old and slow - the best of both worlds).

Welcome to the club! The "Old Geezer's" can always use another TECHIE member! :D

...I'm not sure about the RR501 not stepping on the powerline communication (again some help here oldtimers) but I'll stand by the statement that 2 transceivers is risky unless used carefully...

The part "...2 transceivers is risky unless..." needs to be qualified - more than 1 'late model' RR501, set to DIFFERENT HouseCodes, will work fine. I had 4 running simultaneously with my CM11A and kept them when I began testing the CM15A (still testing... ::) ). Only the 'late model' RR501s have "Collision Detection" circuitry (SEARCH the Newsgroup) - the 'early models' (the ones that only transceived what the slide switch was set to), the Stanley, the RCA - even though they "look" the same, don't have the additional circuitry.

And the TM751 - I haven't a CLUE why X10 marketed that except for COST! :o ::) :P I started out with the 'early model' RR501s and Stanley. Then, during the "Firecracker Introduction" got several friends and co-workers to buy the $6 PACKAGE - I thought I was in heaven... (until)

It all depends on how well you plan your 'RF Traffic Patterns' (HOUSECODES: By Room or By Module Type or By Function or...?). I've even be able to add *ONE* TM751 back (controlled by an Appliance Module) for "Nighttime Motion" ("Nighttime Only" Motion Detectors control 'certain' lights in a path between the bedroom and the bathroom (and the kitchen - in case you're thirsty, or need to take some meds,  too!). ;)

Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

azzar0

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »

Interesting - I never knew that the TM751 were a problem!!!
I have 2 of them running in parallel with my CM15A because the latter's inability to receive RF properly. Are you saying I should NOT be using them? Why are they so poor? I did make the (simple) modification to my CM15A, so I will try to switch all transceived house codes to the CM15a to see if everything still works. I am also curious to see if this will eliminate some of the problems I've been seeing (missed timers, lights don't turn on or off the first time, etc).
Is the CM15a a much better transceiver unit, comparable with the reliable ones out there?

To the Original Poster - did you ever get your macros to work properly? It sounds to me like disabling the transceived house code in AHP's Hardware configuration would resolve your issue, because you are replicating every command. OR mod the antenna on the CM15a and get rid of the second transceiver. Let us know ;)

Thanks!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »

Hey zotee98,

How about a "Status Update"?

• Last Reply to This Thread: on: 2007-06-13, 18:37:02

• Last Forum Post: on: 2007-06-25, 00:53:19

• Last Active: on: 2007-06-25, 18:40:47

...i have been very frustrated with X10 signals not doing what i want them to. things seem to work great for a few days and then they stop. I dont know what the deal is. i really like this stuff but it doesnt seem like enough thought is being but into it.  >:( ???

...Any one of us will be more than happy to help you get YOUR system running with the reliability WE have achieved. BUT, first you have to "do some homework". Read my FAQs and JeffVolp's Tutorials.

Then, come back and we'll see where you are... ;)

i have the RR501 transceiver. (which is loud when it turns on - read several complaints about it) from what i read was that it was the better transceiver since it wouldnt jam the codes. really all i want to do is get a light to dim slowly when i turn it off after say 10pm with my slim remote. once someone walks me through these steps i will be set...

The RR501 *ONLY* makes a CLICK when IT'S HouseCode / UnitCode is received - you have 15 other UnitCodes to choose from for your light!  8)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.