Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: remote freeze up  (Read 29458 times)

bear38

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
remote freeze up
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:14:19 PM »

I got my new remote and started to program it and it keeps freezing up....If I take out the batteries and reset it ,it goes for a while then freezes up again...has this happened to anyone else????

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: remote freeze up
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »

Please give us the model number of the remote and tell us whether its freezing up when you enter the device numbers from the manual or when it's in learning mode or if it's when you try to use it to control something, in particular X10 RF or I/R or an A/V device.  My learning remote has not exhibited any  problems.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »

Icon remote. That is the new one X10 has on their web site? I have not done much with mine, but if you have any info on things you are doing when it freezes it may help.

bear38

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »

I called x-10 and they got me to return it...I just got it so it must of been a new model...it was freezing up when i was programing it. it happened at different times,,,some times when it said continue,,,it would freeze up.I didn't seem to have any problems when it was search for devices,,,,sometime i would just get a white screen,,,I wasn't to happy that because I live in Canada  I had to paid the shipping to return it,,,I just wanted to know if this is a common thing with the remote....I checked with Canada post and they receiver it May 8,,and I still don't have it...I hope the new one works,,,,,

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »

Glad it is being replaced. Keep us informed on the new ones status.

dp20957

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »

I've had the same problem when trying to teach it commands. The only way to get out of it is to take out a battery and start again.

supie

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »

I have the Icon Remote IR 10A.

I had the same problem on TWO REMOTES now, they freeze up when programming the learn and adding macros, this happens when adding one or more learn functions, then adding one or more macros, and add a label, then when you press done, the remote goes to  the “Saving Settings” screen it NEVER STOPS unless you remove the batteries. When you remove the battery it DELETES ALL LEARNED AND MACROS and you have to reprogram everything again.

It does not seem to be related to any device because I have had this happen when programming a Toshiba TV,  a Sony DVD and  a SA Cable Box.

I called X10 Support and they told me they never heard of this problem, I found it strange that I have the only two remotes in the world that have this problem. (Of course I now see others also have it, and I suspect this will be a very big problem as soon as many others experience this).

Questions:
When it freezes is there any other way to clear it, other than take the batteries out and lose all the Programmed Data?

Do you think it is possible I got TWO DUD REMOTES in a row?

Has anyone found a solution to this?
Supie

4plus3vette

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »

I have had my remote for about a week.  I had this problem when I first started programming keys with the learn function and possibly when making it into a macro.  I can't remember exactly what I was doing when it happened, and perhaps I just did not wait long enough for it to "finish."  In any event, I hadn't programmed too much stuff in up to that point and I just popped out the batteries as was mentioned above.  THEN, I realized that it cleared out all of my learned keys and macros.  That was a bummer.  I have the thing almost all set up now and haven't had it freeze, but I am a little worried that I have spent so much time having it learn keys that if it hangs I'll have to spend an hour re-programming it - ugh!

I love the remote, but it would be nice if you could connect it to your computer so you could back up all of your devices and learned keys in the event that you had a freeze situation and had to remove the batteries.

ka0wph

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 12:21:58 AM »

I just got my icon remote about 2 weeks ago and I've had it freeze up on me several times, when I'm doing nothing but trying to change channels on the tv or something. I also have to remove the batteries to get it cleared up, but I've not lost any of my customization.  So what gives with this thing, anyway?   Also, I have an Oleivia 427T which I can't control with this remote.  It won't even learn from the tv's remote.  Anyone have any idea how to make that work?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

Strange - I have both the IR10A, and the IR27A (the beta test model) and have NOT had this problem.  Firmware date (from the Help page) for the IR10A is 11/22/07-1, if that helps.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.