Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flag not workiing in macro please help  (Read 4599 times)

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Flag not workiing in macro please help
« on: June 24, 2007, 01:03:55 AM »

I am trying to use flags to disable a motion detector until a macro triggered by that motion detector completes but am having no luck.  For some reason if motion is triggered while the macro is running, after it records the intitial video and the camera starts to go to the center position, it goes back to position 1 and starts recording for 30 more seconds.  I have my motion programed to B1 and the Macro / Macro Trigger are set to B1, my camera is set to C1.  Here is how my macro looks in AHP (I substituted camera name for camera x for this example).  Can someone please review this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Trigger Conditions: B1 On and
Flag Status Off - 2
End Trigger Conditions
Set Flags [2]
Select Camera x
Move Camera x to preset 1
Wait for 15 Seconds
Start Recording Video
Wait for 30 Seconds
Stop Recording Video
Center Camera x
Clear Flags [2]

My System:
Computer: Windows XP, AMD 3200+, ATI Radeon x700 series/256mb, 1 Gig Ram
AHP Version: 3.204 with Iwitness and Smart Macro plugin
VA11A - USB video adapter capture
VA11A driver version: 3/19/2001, 2.0.0.55
CM15A - Computer interface with USB cable
Lorex Color Quad Processor SGQ4160
Camera: (2) Astak CM-818W night vision color CM-818W
Ninjas; (2) VK74A Pan and tilt system

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Flag not workiing in macro please help
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »

cswca: Your use of the flag (2) is correct to prevent re-triggering of the macro while running.

A couple of suggestions:

Double check to make sure in AHP that the Sets & Clears are correct.

Make sure Flag 2 is not used by any other macro.

cswca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:26:23 AM »

Thanks Puck, Im pretty sure there are no other flags in use because the camera, motion sensor, and macro are the only thing I have created in the room of AHP thus far and that was my first try at using flags.  Maybe I will  clear the interface memory and download timers and macros again.  Again thanks for viewing the macro  ;D

Boiler

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:41:09 AM »

cswca,

I'm by no means an expert on the use of camera controls but I thought that I had read that camera macros must be run from the computer (can't be stored in the interface).  You could try dividing your macro into two sections.  You can do this by creating a dummy switch tied to another Macro (I chose F1 for this example).

Macro 1:
Trigger Conditions: B1 On and
Flag Status Off - 2
End Trigger Conditions
Set Flags [2]
F1 on (call dummy switch tied to the camera macro)

Macro2:
Trigger Conditions: F1 (dummy switch) On
Select Camera x
Move Camera x to preset 1
Wait for 15 Seconds
Start Recording Video
Wait for 30 Seconds
Stop Recording Video
Center Camera x
Clear Flags [2]
F1 Off (dummy switch)

This should allow you to download Macro1 to the interface (where the flags are stored) and call Macro2 (which I believe must be run from the PC).

Alternately, depending on your monitored house code, you could use a dummy switch on the monitored house code as your qualifier and get rid of the flags completely.

You may also need to insert delays (macro entry/exit) to get things to work properly.  I do not have experience with this.  You'll need to consult the "camera" guru's on the forum.

The Boiler

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:44:05 PM »

Just to mention, that if you clear memory first (something I always do... old habit from beta testing days) before downloading, that all flags are defaulted to "set".

I wonder what your macros will do, if Flag #2 starts off "set", instead of "reset".
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.