Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: unable to view recorded video  (Read 5651 times)

tinnman357

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
unable to view recorded video
« on: May 26, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

Hello all,
 I hope I'm posting in the right spot. For starters here is a breakdown of my system. (computer) Emachine/ p4  3 ghz/ 512 ram / vista basic.  (X10 equipment & software) AHP (w/ all plugins except on alert)/ vanguard ( unable to get to work with vista)/ xpxpcr (from home controls) phase coupler repeater / cma15a /  8 cameras / 3 motion sensors / a few light and appliance modules etc.

A little history,
     I was only able to get Vanguard to work overnight ( with workarounds posted by others), after that never again. Anyway installed AHP and plugins. Everything seems to seems to be working pretty good  :). Even the ability to use my cameras (still learning to master macros) where as with vanguard I could not.

Problem,
        I cannot view recorded video. When macro is triggered (via sensor or remote or hit rec manually) REC starts to flash and appears to be recording, but when I go to view video it doesn't even show up on AHP's viewer. So I tried to open file with WMP and get error message  stating player might not support the file type or codec.
I tried changing codec to all 4 available in pull down (AHP preferences) and got the same results. Then tried the free Divix player. When trying to playback the video I get a error message stating file empty or I need to download another codec (direct show). I did that, said it installed but still get the same results.  I am ABLE to take and view snapshots without any problems.
Could somone please direct me on how to or a thread pertaining to this problem? Ive looked and searched and no luck.
                                                                                                                                                                 Thanks in advance for any advise.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:29:52 PM by tinnman357 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.