Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X 10 pool light Stuck  (Read 5598 times)

KSR

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X 10 pool light Stuck
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »

The pool light seems to be stuck on pink instead of cycling through all the colors. Is it a problem with the remote? Can you help me?
Thank you!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: X 10 pool light Stuck
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:23 PM »

The pool light seems to be stuck on pink instead of cycling through all the colors. Is it a problem with the remote? Can you help me?
Thank you!

We are going to need a lot more information about your setup to be able to help you.   ???
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:53 PM »

KSR

What are you using to control the pool light and does the light get "stuck" when you turn the module OFF?

If so, is it one of those new LED pool lights? if so (again) it is likely the local sense current of the controlling module is great enough to keep the LED(s) lit even when the module is OFF. 

On older appliance modules you could cut a diode and kill the sensing current (which is not to be confused with cutting the jumper and disabling the sense function).

Like Bill said, your plea is a little light in the detail category.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

KSR

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »

OK, let's try again. It is my boss's pool so I don't know much! He says the light in the pool is stuck on pink, he had a led pool light put in afew years ago.
I now have the "mini controller" so let's hope the model #'s etc. will help you.
It's a model #PHC01 does that help??

Thanks for your time!
Kerry

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:07:18 AM »

I think the problem here is... X10 doesn't make a pool light.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:56:08 AM »

OK so we now know it is an X10 PCH01 Mini-Controller. Was this used to control the LEDs?
If so you will have to find out what the controller controls. As Dave said; X10 does not make a pool light module, but other ones maybe being used. Like Appliance Modules or a third party device that understands X10 powerline signals not directly made by X10; or was a private OEM from x10 for a pool manufacturer.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 11:21:32 AM »

The pool light seems to be stuck on pink instead of cycling through all the colors....
I'm still confused on this part of the question. Is this multiple lights that are being controlled or one device that cycles through a rainbow of colors.
Also pink by itself is not a common LED light. (I've never seen an LED sold as pink.) Might this be dim red?
When we can get a better idea of the lighting device, we'll be able to help more. Can you get us a model number of it?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:19 PM »

Good Evening,

I am assuming it runs on 115V and has LEDs as the light source.

My suggestion is to use an appliance module or something like that to power a relay that powers the LED pool lamp.  With the relay you may have to connect a 7W lamp to the 115V side to supply enough power for the appliance module to work.

Since this is a pool application, be sure when you are finished the CGFI operates properly else somebody could get killed or badly injured.

Good Luck
Gil Shultz

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.