Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A audio problem send/receive  (Read 6162 times)

Gwar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A audio problem send/receive
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:00:44 AM »

Hi i recently purchased the product and am having great success with the video part but, with the audio, i constantly hear
an almost 1 second click or crack noise. I can hear the sound I am looking for but if it is turned up in say a movie,
I hear the click as well. It does fade in and out in volume as I move the receiver or sender around, so im guessing its
possibly interference of some type? Any ideas? Perhaps I can somehow boost the sending signal? My internet is not wireless,
i only have digital cable, my cordless phone has been off or unplugged, same with same results and it is only 900mhz,
my cellphones have been off, and ive tried it in different rooms with same results. Could my sender be faulty or is it
more than likely just some sort of interference. Thanks.

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: VK82A audio problem send/receive
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »

Good Evening,

Realize I am just taking an educated guess I am not familiar with your equipment. The following would be what I would be looking for.  From your description and how it changes when you move the unit you probably are on the right track with it being interference from an outside source.  Do you have something in the 2.7 Gig range, it could be a third harmonic down or 300 MHz for a third harmonic up.  The click could be the AFC part of the circuit losing lock.  Another possible problem could be your PC.  The clock logic goes through a few gyrations every minute on the tick.

If you have a ham friend you might invite him over for dinner and when he asks what to bring tell him something to measure signal strength in the 300 MHz, 900 MHz and 2.7 Ghz range.

Good luck, this one could take some time to find.

Gil Shultz

Gwar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »

well, wish i had a ham friend then :) in the meantime i can get it to go from one room
to another through the wall without hearing the click noise if i adjust the receiver by moving
it around. at least that can be achieved without the click sound.

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 08:52:10 AM »

I get audio "clicking" created by my wireless router (although it's a bit faster then 1 per sec) when using my wireless cameras and it can be eliminated by carefully moving the camera or receiver antennas; do you possibly have a nearby neighbor who uses a wireless router?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

The 1st thing to try is changing channels on the sender/receiver units. There are 4 channels A-D, one should work best. If that doesn't fix it try turning the receivers patch antenna to a less logical postion.... like away from the sender. Or send the signal to a corner in the room and aim the receivers antenna to the corner.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.