Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can a downloadable Macro send "Panic" ???  (Read 21341 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Can a downloadable Macro send "Panic" ???
« on: July 11, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »

I don't have the OnAlert plugin, yet.  So, I can't answer this myself.

With OnAlert, can one have a downloadable macro (a macro that doesn't need the PC running to execute) that can have one of its steps to send out an RF security command?  I was thinking of it sending "Panic", but possibly I could use another RF security command if the answer is "some can, some can't".

I know that the CM15A can send out regular RF commands.  I am somewhat hopeful that its firmware is flexible enough to send out any RF command in sort of an Extended Command like free form style.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Can a downloadable Macro send "Panic" ???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:27:22 AM »

Walt2: This was one of my first beefs about OnAlert; it's inability to actually trip the DS7000 security system (A Missing Link?)

I still have to use a DS10A Door/Window sensor connected to a Universal Module to trip the security from AHP.

It would be very helpful if someone knows how to send an extended command (I.E. Panic) via RF.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I turned the "security lamp" (that is assigned to the same house code as my DS7000) "on & off" a few times and was able to trigger the security console as well as "OnAllert".  Why couldn't a macro do the same thing ? I tried the lamp via the computer as well as a Palmpad and was able to trigger "onAlert".  I don't see why a macro wouldn't work, but I have not tried it.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Just to clarify (if any clarification is really needed), that I am not trying to have a security device trigger a macro.  The macro I want to do, would be triggered by a normal power-line 'on' command.   I just want a macro where one of its execution steps would be to send out a security RF signal.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

JMac

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:54 PM »

My "security lamp" is a lamp plugged into a LM465.  It has the same assigned House/Unit code as the DS7000.  So the macro (using a lamp) would just be "On", Delay 1 second, and "Off" about 5 times.  This is the same as a "Panic" signal, isn't it ?
I just tried a macro like this and it worked using my Palmpad...........this isn't an RF command obviously, but it is a way.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:50:41 PM by JMac »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »

So the macro (using a lamp) would just be "On", Delay 1 second, and "Off" about 5 times.  This is the same as a "Panic" signal, isn't it ?

I thought that sequence was how to trigger one of the alarm horns or sounders.

"Panic" is simply an single RF command, like "arm" and "disarm".

JMac

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:56:43 PM »

All I know is that all the PH508 horns are activated and the console horn is activated, and the system has to be disarmed to make it stop.  That is the same result you would get with a press of the "Panic" button on the SH624 remote.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34:10 PM »

I don't have a DS7000 at my home, however I do have On Alert!
A computer always on and  Active Home Pro running  is needed in order for it to respond to security RF signals recieved ! ;)
Walt2 you wish to be able to just send a panic alarm why not just use a power horn and a palm pad?
This way no PC needs to be running!
Having OnAlert adds so much but a DS7000 isn't needed the only thing I can't do is listen in with OnAlert! Yet! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.