Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Encountering problem - shutting down  (Read 11434 times)

myron18

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Encountering problem - shutting down
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »

I'm trying to use AHP ver 3.204, but it keeps on encountering a problem, and shutting down. I'm in a learning mode, so I'm trying different steps, and the shut down problem can happen at any time in the process. I'm trying to figure out how to control varying module times within a macro, or use flags to affect module starting times, etc.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Encountering problem - shutting down
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »

Please explain the problem in more detail, any error messages etc.  Just saying shutting down does not help us determine what's actually happening.  Also, is your AHP a plain install or are any of the plug-ins involved?

The more information you can give us the better chance we can help.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

myron18

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

I just encountered the same problem, but this time I was trying to read in the old files from ActiveHome. I have WinXP, AHP ver 3.204, plus the Macro plugin.

---------------------
  Active Home Professional has encountered a problem and
needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on
   might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
   We have created an error report that you can send to us.  We will treat
   this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Send Error Report   Don't Send
---------------------------

I'd been trying to figure out how to use my timed modules with flags, or incorporate them in Macros, I remembered that with X-10 ver 1.3, I could include timed modules in the macros, and was trying to convert them to AHP.

To anticipate a question, the modules include on/off sequences over longer than 3 hr periods, specific calendar dates, etc., and over long periods when the computer will not be connected. With the older version of AH, CM11A filled quickly, and I had to manually change programs.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »

I just encountered the same problem, but this time I was trying to read in the old files from ActiveHome. I have WinXP, AHP ver 3.204, plus the Macro plugin.

---------------------
  Active Home Professional has encountered a problem and
needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on
   might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
   We have created an error report that you can send to us.  We will treat
   this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Send Error Report   Don't Send
---------------------------

I'd been trying to figure out how to use my timed modules with flags, or incorporate them in Macros, I remembered that with X-10 ver 1.3, I could include timed modules in the macros, and was trying to convert them to AHP.

To anticipate a question, the modules include on/off sequences over longer than 3 hr periods, specific calendar dates, etc., and over long periods when the computer will not be connected. With the older version of AH, CM11A filled quickly, and I had to manually change programs.

I would suggest uninstalling everything and them re-installing AHP (DO NOT RE-INSTALL ANY PLUG-INS, like you never installed AHP before. Then import your .x10 files from Active Home and see that they convert properly.  I suspect it's the Smart Macros plug-in causing the shut down.    Once that is complete, save the file and then install Smart Macros.

myron18

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:36:14 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I reinstalled AHP without the Smart Macro plugin, and then tried to download/convert the AH files, but it shut down AHP again, and gave the same shutdown message from MS on the screen (made 6-7 attempts). I went so far as to reinstall Active Home to veruify that the AH files I want are OK, and they are. Unless you have another suggestion, I'm going to go to the Smart Macro forum and start looking for help to reproduce the AH macros in the improved (?) AHP.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »

I have had this problem all along - the dreaded "AHP must shut down" message.  I have tried all the other suggestions others have given here with some success.  Also you might try deleting the last macro (or module) installed to see if that will correct the problem.  The program doesn't seem to "like" certain combinations of modules and macros.  Sorry for the non-technical answer.........more mystery here in AHP than Harry Potter.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I reinstalled AHP without the Smart Macro plugin, and then tried to download/convert the AH files, but it shut down AHP again, and gave the same shutdown message from MS on the screen (made 6-7 attempts). I went so far as to reinstall Active Home to veruify that the AH files I want are OK, and they are. Unless you have another suggestion, I'm going to go to the Smart Macro forum and start looking for help to reproduce the AH macros in the improved (?) AHP.

Did you delete everything from the previous install including deleting all folders and all Registry items referring to Active Home Pro and X10?  There's a folder under C:/Program Files  plus another one under C:/Program Files/Common Files called X10. 

To edit the Registry, type regedit  from the Run command, then search to find all keys referring to Active Home Professional and X10. Then reboot your computer and do the install of AHP again.

Windows has a bad habit of leaving registry keys when programs are uninstallered.   

When I got AHP it imported all the .x10 files from Active Home with no errors.

If you are still getting the error, then there has to be leftover items from the previous install.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »

myron18:
A few questions:
What OS are you using? Any thing less than XP will give you head aches ::)
Do you only get the Must shut down message after converting the HA file?
Some things in the HA file won't convert properly(depending how evolved you set up was!)
You may have to manually convert your HA set up to AHP as others have found! ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:41:23 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

myron18

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 11:43:12 PM »

Thanks everyone. During this past week, I decided to forget trying to convert the AH files to AHP. I've been writing AHP smart macros , timers, trying the logic, and then editing. During this time period, I've had 3 shutdowns with the same MS message. I'm convinced I have a unique computer/software problem. I decided to not waste any more time, and work around the problem.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.