Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome with Vista?  (Read 10938 times)

anhnn100

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome with Vista?
« on: August 12, 2007, 01:24:49 AM »

I am new and just bought the ActiveHomePro.  Download and install the software was OK, but when I did Tools->Test Communication, it failed in either com1 and com2.  Com3 and com4 are not valid port.  My OS is Window Vista.  Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: ActiveHome with Vista?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »

Active Home Professional (AHP) and the CM15A interface uses USB, not com ports to communicate.  The older Active Home/CM11A used com ports and there were reports of communication problems on certain PC motherboards where the CM11A would disappear and reappear with no warning.

Unless you have any of the plug-ins for AHP, certain of them don't like Vista. AHP by itself has no problem with Vista.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

anhnn100

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »

Quote from:

Unless you have any of the plug-ins for AHP, certain of them don't like Vista. AHP by itself has no problem with Vista.

[quote

Do you mean if I dont have any plug-ins for AHP, it should work with Windows Vista?  I dont have to worry about port communicate?

I tried to install it to my second PC that using windows xp last night.  The same as the Vista PC, I could not manual turn light on/off for my lamp module.  Not thing effect.  Tool->Test communication->port1-4 invalid port number, but as you said the CM15A interface uses USB.  So not a port number issue.  Do you know why I could not turn light on/off using the software?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »

I have no idea.   Are all your modules correctly installed in AHP by Housecode and Address?  Open AHP, make sure it and the CM15A are talking to each other (if you see a red circle in the bottom left corner, it means AHP can't see the CM15.) If all modules are correct by room and address, then  try to turn on a light through AHP.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »

If you have the AHP CM15A USB interface, did you use the Emailed Download Link to get the proper software? Active Home Pro.
The Active Home Software V1.42; that is on the general Download Link of X10; is NOT for the CM15A. If you have Active Home V1.42 it is for the old serial port CM11A or the RCA OEM CM11A.

anhnn100

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 11:15:07 AM »

If you have the AHP CM15A USB interface, did you use the Emailed Download Link to get the proper software? Active Home Pro.
The Active Home Software V1.42; that is on the general Download Link of X10; is NOT for the CM15A. If you have Active Home V1.42 it is for the old serial port CM11A or the RCA OEM CM11A.

Yes, I download Active Home V1.42 from http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm.  I did not have the email download link.  Can you send me one?  Thanks

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »

Why did you not get the e-mail link?  Where did you get the CM15A from?  X10USA sells both AHP and the CM15A as a package for $49.00.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.