Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module to generate X10 code when powered?  (Read 3086 times)

RCaddict

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • My Hobby Site
Module to generate X10 code when powered?
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »

X10 work in my home fine except motion detectors and I want to interface my existing MDs to activate X10 devices. What is the best way to do that?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Module to generate X10 code when powered?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »

RCaddict: In order for you to receive help, you will need to provide more information. What type of motion sensor are you trying to interface to X10? What X10 equipment do you already have?

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »

Oh, I have been ranting about these sensors here I almost took that knowledge for granted.  :D

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100044253

I bought one of each modules,  basic transceiver, lamp, wall switch, chime and EagleEye to experiment before I brake the bank. So far everything seems to be working except Motion sensor.  My objective is to trigger X10 modules using Zenith MS. If every thing fail I thought of using Zenith lamp module output to do this if I find a X10 module that can generate X10 ID signal When powered up.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:25:30 AM »

Oh, I have been ranting about these sensors here I almost took that knowledge for granted.  :D

I knew that; most regulars here at the forum will make the connection, but others (who could possibly provide a good solution) may not.  ;)

Without knowing any of the technical details of the Zenith Motion Sensors, I can only guess that the X10 PowerFlash (PSC01) might be your best interface.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »

I am somewhat familiar with the Zeneth devices.  While they are excellent sensors, and much more robust physically than the low-end product that X10 sells, they are not compatible with X10 products.

There is a X10 module - the PowerFlash PF284 - that can be activated by a contact closure or a low-voltage input.  That might provide the interface you need.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.