Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interesting X10-Controlled Video Switcher  (Read 8695 times)

rjshomer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Interesting X10-Controlled Video Switcher
« on: August 21, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »

I've seen lots of post on making 4 wired cams work on iWatchout with no easy way of doing it. I have found a $20 device with 4 video inputs with 1 output that would go into the USB Video Capture Adapter. It is programable through a 9 pin serial adapter for house and unit code. This could work. I have ordered on and will see. It requires a CM11a. The link below will take you to the site and manual. If any one has tried this please let me know.

Just and FYI

[TTA Edit: Combined 2 consecutive, "same day", related posts into 1; converted original RAW LINK into DESCRIPTIVE LINK; added SUPPORT LINK.Besides thanking -Bill-, you could have also tried out the MODIFY command. ::)]

UPDATE

First Bill thanks for moving this to a better home. Now I would like to say I am new to the forum not to X10. I have been playing with this stuff for about 10 years and I run Automatedliving hal2000 on one server that takes care of most of my home Automation stuff ,Phone control (Voice mail), Voice control via cordless phones around the house and so forth. speech responce is done by RCA wireless speakers plugged into a appliance module for room control at set times. ( i live in a log cabin with little or no way to run cable around),mp3 and I have 7, 3com Audrey's as control panels. this all works Great. But now why am I here, well HAL has no way to controll cameras and the only way for me to get internet access is via Hugh's satelite (sucks but better then dial up) to get a webserver on line with Hughes is big bucks a month. So now i have a new server along with my hal server running AHP mostly for a zone sensor on door and windows sensors and mostly Camares. I have 4 Good wired night cameras (not X10s)on the 4 corners of my Cabin All sitting on ninja mounts. Again they all work great the rub was not having AHP controll them on the ninja and more then one. Well now we get to why I'm here. I found XVideo10 Video Camera Switch on line ordered them and WOW they work great I can now see my camares from work and check on my cabin in the woods. I just wanted to share with a great group. I've been reading this forum for a long time. Great ideas and it has helped me very much. I wanted to contribute. I will try to ans any questions anyone may have.

Thanks ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:56:06 PM by rjshomer »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Interesting X10-Controlled Video Switcher
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:28:49 PM »

OK

Da newbe I am here is the link Sorry

http://www.twstore.com/xvideo10.html

Thanks for posting the link!   8)

As a "newbie" you may not know that if you go back to your post and click "modify" you can edit it!   ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

rjshomer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Interesting X10-Controlled Video Switcher
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »

Thanks  ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.